which said buying online is a bad idea. I couldn't wait to get this lamp but when put together we found it was missing one of three floor pads, the rubber grip that goes on the bottom to keep lamp from scratching the floor or sliding around.

So, now we've got an unsteady lamp. Target couldn't find part it in their warehouse and tries to manufacturer in Taiwan were fruitless. Target says my options are to disassemble the lamp and return it, but it's only available online, so getting my money back could take up to two weeks, try to find floor pad myself, or get damaged item credit, only 10 percent of item's price, not including shipping.That means 4 dollars back from Target for finding a substitution part for their poorly made product.

They've got my 56 dollars, incl.shipping, and I've got a lop-sided lamp and have to decide if it's worth returning and trust the next one won't be similarly inadequate. I am a VERY unsatisfied customer and do not recommend this lamp.

Comments

IHateStupidCustomers

I'll admit that this one was a little unfair. where's mr.

creeper anonymous at?

because I'll agree with him/her on this one for once. although he's too busy supporting people that want to return their TV that was bought a year ago and have a sale honored that ended a month ago.

What Target should have done is dealt with reputable manufacturers that could be reached for replacement of defective or missing parts. I believe a big national company like Target should have more than one way to reach their manufacturers besides the ringing, unanswered phone the Target Rep got on her two telephone tries to them - an email address or some other alternate form of contact - this can't be the first time this has happened, so I expect them to have in place an established contact with the company in Taiwan for resolution when problems like these come up.

Additionally, since I paid a total of $56, including shipping, ALL my money should be refunded. It doesn't help me that they charged me $17 for delivery of a lamp that I have to jump through hoops by finding replacement parts for to use properly. Hearing "sorry, we can't reach them, you'll have to try yourself, take $4 (much less than my time is worth and the gas I've already used to find this part), return it and wait 2 weeks for your money back" seems inadequate to me.

It only took them 2 minutes to charge my card the $56. Comparatively speaking, 2 weeks is too long to wait for the refund.

Seems to me that if you like the lamp, other than the missing piece, the answer would be to take the 10% credit and find a floor pad locally. If you can't find one that matches the existing two, then buy three matching ones and get on with your life.

So what would you suggest they do about it? They've given you plenty of options.