2.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I ordered a mini refrigerator online Monday morning, 8/1/16, to be picked up at Jersey City Store. I received the pick up email 2 hours later and realized that it needed to be picked up by Friday, 8/5/16 or it will be returned to stock and order canceled.

But in the same email, it said the pickup data can be extended by one day by visiting the order page - which I did. On 8/5/16 7 am, I received a Target email reminding the pickup must be done by the next day, 8/6/16. I went to the Jersey City store around 3pm on 8/6/16. The pickup area supervisor (Asia) cannot find the refrigerator and said it has returned to store due to pickup past due date.

I showed her the email but she just said her store did not get the extension notice. She only said sorry and did not offer to help - the order is to be canceled and I need to find it in another store. That is the most irresponsible answer that I had ever heard. Not only she presented it like it was my problem and offered no help.

I asked if there will be stock coming in. All she responded was that she did not know what are coming in on the delivery truck. They don't know until the stock come off the truck!! What kind of inventory system Target has??

Either this Target is not a TARGET TEAM MEMBER or the inventory system is a piece of junk. I insisted on talking to her next manager. Her response was that they were all in a meeting. Since I was there already over an hour, I insisted to wait and talk to the store manager (Nicole).

About 10 min later, Nicole and another manager came out. I presented the situation. They checked the store room again but none is available (I checked later that it was still showing one in stock online!). They offered other models but they are either too big or does not have separate freezer door that I needed.

I asked if there is stock in other Target store in NJ. She wanted me to check myself!? I felt like they are trying to get rid of me! I told her it was not my problem and she agree to check for me.

Nicole showed me the closest one which is in NY! (That would mean another toll and unbearable traffic). I checked online and find a store with 1 stock remaining. She said that the inventory system could be 48hr late!

So I found 5 units in Watchung, NJ. She said that I can go there to get it. My blood pressure was really bumped up. I asked her to call and make sure it is there as my phone is running out of battery.

After about 10 min, she indicated the min refrigerator has been reserved at the customer service counter at the Watchung store.

My family did some additional shopping in store and we went to Watchung store around 6pm to pick the unit up. When I got there, I thought it would be a smooth transaction. But I was wrong, the order was placed using gift cards and they are on hold from the current order?!

Apparently, the existing order must be canceled and repurchased. The gift card used still have the fund held and cannot be used to pay! This store manager Michelle was more helpful and called to clear up the hold. She even added 10% discount for my trouble of traveling across NJ to pick up the stock.

The whole took about 4 hr and was a complete waste of time! I have second thoughts going to Target Jersey City store again!

nfcheng wrote the review because of order processing issue at Target. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $133 and wants Target to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was irresponsible pickup supervisor. Author liked the most watchung store manager willingness to help. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Target and target pick up service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments