My mother applied for target card approximately 2 month ago. "The little cashier was too nice for me to turn down." She says.

Since then, she hadn't received anything from target and forgotten about it. A call comes in few weeks ago from target, that's when she found out there's been a charge of over $2000 on her account. She disputed it, asked for a new card to be sent, and notified target that she had not received anything by mail from target, including her first bill. The new card came immediately, and an over due collection notice for her initial purchase of $44 arrived a week after, except by now the total is $77 plus some change due to fees.

She called immediately to find out exactly what fees they were and asking for a new statement to be resent since she had never received the initial... and problem arises.. we had changed our home phone number within the last month, so since our phone number does not match up with their system, they can not help us unless... we fax over my mothers social security and drivers license, front and back.

By now we have loss all trust in this company, so we declined this request. We asked if there's any other way for us to verify our account, they had already asked for every other information including last four digit of social security, the answer was a quick NO. We hung up the phone and headed out to our local target. By now, my mother was willing to just pay for the full amount and settle this mess.

The nice young girl at customer service said that since the new replacement card was never activated, she isn't able to access the account, which is understandable. Which brings us back to square one. Came home, calls up card activation, back to the same problem of unable to proceed unless we fax over all necessary identification. End of all, my mother ended up paying for the amount during that phone call and left the card in current status.

DO NOT apply for this card.

This credit card company has very strange process, different than all the major credit card company we are with. My mother vows to never fall for nice cashiers asking to open credit cards.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of poor technology to interface customers. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "red card" of td bank redcard credit card and associated monetary loss in the amount of $33. Target needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned td bank redcard credit card in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Target.

Comments