Ballico,California
2.0

I bought an air pump at Target. I then took it home and charged it for the required 10 hours,it did not work.

I took it back to target and they refused to let me return it. Target told me their policy on camping equipment was exchange only, which I can understand, but I feel I should have been informed of this policy before I bought the item. When I asked the store manager why I was not informed when I bought the air pump of the return policy she told me it was on my receipt, it was in fact not stated on the receipt. When I pointed this out to her she simply restated that I could not return the air pump.

I also feel since the item I bought was defective they should have taken that into consideration. I will never shop at Target again for anything.

Reason of review: unclear return policy.

I didn't like: Unclear return policy.

Comments

#1019278

Do a credit card chargeback and tell Target to go *** themselves. That's ridiculous.

Wtf kind of return policy is that? I've never heard of it and I work at guest service for Target.

The only thing that is exchanged only is opened video games or movies. Even the copied and pasted exchanged policy below sounds flaky.

MattD78
Melbourne, Florida, United States #1003886

Returns and exchanges without a receipt may be limited. Other restrictions may apply.

If you’re not satisfied with any Target Owned Brand item, return it within one year with a receipt for an exchange or a refund.

​Open music, movies, video games and software cannot be returned, but may be exchanged at the store for the same title, for the same or different gaming platform.

Open airbeds cannot be returned, but may be exchanged for a similar item.

Open or defective collectibles (e.g., sports cards, special edition Barbie dolls, porcelain dolls, action figures and die-cast cars) cannot be returned.

All Electronics and Entertainment items must be returned within 30 days for a refund or exchange.

For these items purchased between 11/1 – 12/25, the 30-day refund period will start on 12/26. All items purchased with a carrier contract at a Target store must be returned or exchanged within 14 days and may be subject to early termination fees per carrier contract. Contract items and carrier plans must be sold and returned by a Target Mobile Rep. Target Mobile Rep hours vary by store.

Holiday items and limited-time-only collections may have modified return policies. Target stores cannot accept international returns or exchanges, including international returns and exchanges of online purchase. Target debit and credit REDcard℠ card holders will receive an extra 30 days to return nearly all items purchased with their REDcard at Target and Target.com. See Target.com/REDcard for full details and exclusions.

Items purchased at Optical, Pharmacy, Starbucks and Target Mobile must be returned or exchanged at these areas. Target Mobile Gift Cards, and Target eGiftCards cannot be returned or redeemed for cash or credit except where required by law.

Digital music downloads cannot be returned or refunded. I would print this out and show it to them, it does mention airbeds specifically which makes sense but not air pumps or any other camping equipment, really.