3K views

I purchased a sea turtle cd holder. The cashier did not place the item in my bag.

When I got home, I noticed that it was not there. I checked my receipt and was charged for it. I called customer service and they told me that they had the item behind the counter waiting for me. All I had to do was show up with my receipt to claim it.

The next day when I went to pick it up and even provided the name of the person who I spoke to. The customer service person called security and told him my story. He looked at me strangely and proceeded to go to a back room without acknowledging me. When I asked cust.

service girl what was going on, she said just be patient. I demanded to see the manager and I had to wait 10 minutes for him to arrive. By that time, I was livid at this point. The manager explained to me that they had to check to the cameras to verify my story.Then I went off especially since I had my receipt and the assistant manager's name to show that I purchased the cd holder.

The manager went behind the counter and finally gave me cd holder. By that time, the security guards nodded their heads at the manager. I guess to say I was telling the truth. I went off on them too.

I called the corporate office and received an apology.That was all.

Comments

Watch the clerk carefully as they bag your items.

Pleasanton, California, United States #741531

This is complete BS. If you can't keep track of everything you are buying - THEN YOU ARE BUYING *** *** YOU DON'T NEED. Same thing with your children, stop using the store as a daycare center where the things they break and eat and don't pay for magically replace themselves while you aren't looking.

Same thing happened to me tonight! It's happened to my mom on several occasions too.

It's hard to check your receipt and bags at the cash register to make sure all items are in the bags when you have over 10 bags worth of items. It's not like the customer should even have to do anyway.

Calling them tomorrow to complain that's for sure.

Bythe

I think Target went a bit overboard handling this situation. The customer did not forget a high priced piece of merchandise, but a cheap cd holder. There was really no need for the extra security.

Why are you getting so upset. People make mistakes.

Plus when you went back to store to pick up your item, it is normal procedure to check the cameras to make sure that the item was left. This way, they can confront the cashier afterwards and let them know that they have to be more careful.

Get over it.

THis happens to me at walmart all the time. the clerk puts small nice items like cosmetic brushes, or cosmetics, to the side and forgets to put it in the bags.

I got fooled a few times but now I check to see everything is in there. Be careful when you shop at walmart.

Palatine Bridge, New York, United States #15104

I love people who feel that the cashier is responsible for their purchases! LOL.. Gets me everytime

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #12710

You were careless with your purchases, you have to go with the policy. You may not like it but any person can dig out the receipt from the garbage and claim they forgot something.

Usually they keep them behind the counter, but you have to verify it is yours.

They should not have to apologise to you. Infact you should apologize to them for wasting their time first for being careless and leaving your bag behind, and second for wasting their time with this pointless letter.

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #12273

Brett, Max thinks the person that wrote the letter is a child because they are acting like one. Adults can leave things behind.

That part is fine. But if they were more responsible they would not have forgotton their items. What makes Max think that this person is a child is that unfortunately this person does not accept responsibily for his/her actions. Forgetting the bag.

They are too impatient to wait 10 minutes and want their way instead of going by the company policy of what they do when a customer leaves something behind. It does not matter if this person is (9) as they are displaying by their attitide and behaviour or 39, they still should atleast grow up and admit their fault.

Brett
Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States #12022

Being patient is not hard is it. Ten minutes is not that long of a wait.

Brett
Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States #12021

I agree with Max hers sorry. I believe you are an adult, but as an adult you should admit your fault.

Target has a very good reason for their checking security. You would not want be happy if someone claimed they forgot the your cd holder and took it. They have to verify that it was you that bought it and forgot it. After all anyone can come, take something home, claim they forgot the item and get a second free like he said.

They can even get a friend that works there to keep it behind for you and tell you to pretend you forgot the item when you did not. Too many crooks. But act your age and take responsibility or your actions.

I am sure that is what your parents taught you to do right. Well listen to them even if you are adult.

BTW, she may have forgot to place your item in your bag, but it is your responsibility to check.

Well you should apologize to them for forgetting your product. What if someone saw you forget your product take your receipt, and say they forgot it.

What if someone bought the same product after watching you forget yours, put it in their car, took it home and went back to the store to get yours for free. That is why they require.

Jeesh kid. if you can't take care of your stuff maybe you should not go shopping without your mommy to remind you to get your stuff before you leave the store..