I purchased a Gateway computer on August 6, 2013, along with a 2 year warranty. Shortly after, I began having problem with the mouse freezing.

I called Assurance for technical support. The problem was resolved for that moment, but continued to appear several times afterwards. Every time I called Assurance, they would give me the around. I called Assurance again about my computer again.

I found our that it was a software problem. To my surprise, software isn't covered under the warranty. I feel that I was misled when purchasing this item because I was never told that the warranty only covered the hardware.

I was recommended to purchase a one time support disk for $99.99 or a I year warranty for $149.99. Target employees have poor customer service and a lack of employee training, when it comes to their merchandise

I didn't like: Poor customer service.

Comments

California, United States #912923

LOL, theres always an excuse isnt it, oh thats a software problem, we only cover hardware, (heres a hint, Take any magnets you can find and run it all around the computer especially the bottom area, keep doing that until the computer makes funny noises and doesnt turn on right. BAM its a hardware problem that looks not like your fault. Assurance tries whatever they can to not pay out on something trust me.

Orange, California, United States #912917

You were not misled, you just needed mommy or daddy to read the policy for you. This is not false advertising if you signed a form saying that software was not covered under the warranty.

Next time you want to go buy something big take mommy or daddy with you to read the contract to you.