as a "valued" red care member of close to 9 years Target sent me this coupon in the mail for use in their STORE or at target.com. I walked into the Fort Lauderdale Target store on the corner of US1 and Oakland Park Blvd, phone number 954.390.7992 on 6/14/2013, and spoke to customer service team member Camille.

I asked her if i could use this coupon on my purchase from the seasonal dept on beach ...chairs. She responded that I could. I proceeded to shop, fill my rx's (which i have been doing at this location for 9 years). After i completed my transaction i returned to the customer service desk to check out with my season purchase of lawn chairs.

At time of check out Camille now changes her mind and says that my coupon cannot be honored. She asks associate team member Alex (female) for assistance who also states the coupon will not be honored. Even after reiterating that this coupon is valid for seasonal merchandise they refuse to honor the coupon even though their associate lied and said it would be. At this point GSA Ashley comes and also refuses to honor their error.

At this point store manager Sandra comes and does not even attempt to make a resolution and simply, and short, says "nope". At this point i inform her that i have been a red card member and that i have filled all my rx's at this store for the past 9 years, that they have clearly made thousands of dollars on my patronage and if they do not rectify the situation i would take all of my future business else where. Sandra's response was "ok", at this time I advised her she needed to escort me to the pharmacy to inform them why i would be leaving them for my rx's, she walked me over and said close his account and to transfer my rx's whereever i would like them. The pharmacy staff, which by the way is amazing, was shocked and sad to see my go over $10 that was a store error.

After this i called guest relations at 800.440.0680 and spoke to Luis. After a lengthy discussion with Luis he acknowldged and error was made at the store and he gave me a reference number and advised me to return to the store and give them the reference number and they would rectify the situation. When i returned to the store and provided my reference number they claimed that Luis put in his notes that the coupon is valid only at target.com. Please see attached image and read the coupon and agree that this coupon clearly states valid at Target OR target.com.

At this point Sandra became a coward and refused to return to the service desk to assist me, and sent another manager in her place. This manager was more sympathetic to the situation, but non the less just as unwiling to rectify the situation. I have attempted to contat guest relations on numerous attempts to allow them to make good but every time i call i get the run around and get conveniently disconnected and guest relations states they are unable to take my phone number incase of a disconnect to return the call. This has to be one of the most pathetic companies with any customer service skills i have ever encountered.

PLEASE LIKE AND FORWARD THIS POST TO ALL YOU KNOW TO LET EVERYONE KNOW HOW POOR TARGET'S CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AND HOW VALUED THEIR CUSTOMERS ARE TO THEM.

CLEARLY THEIR COMMON SENSE IS LACKING THAT THEY ARE WILLING TO GIVE UP A "VALUED" CUSTOMER OVER $10. PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT ALTHOUGH WHEN YOU CALL GUEST RELATIONS THEY STATE THE CALLS ARE ALL MONITORED AND RECORDED, IF THIS IS TRUE PLEASE GO BACK TO THE CALL LOG ON 6/14/2013 AND LISTEN TO THE CALL MADE AT 11:31AM EST WITH REP LUIS TO VERIFY EVERYTHING I SAID IS IN FACT TRUTH AND THAT TARGET LIES AND HAS NO VALUE IN THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Review about: Target Coupon.

Comments

I PRINTED A COUPON ON TARGET.COM FOR IN STORE USE & THEY REFUSED TO HONOR IT. IN WISCONSIN THIS PRACTICE IS DECEPTIVE ADVERTISING & IS A VIOLATION OF STATE LAW.

I HAVE FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE STATE OF WISCONSIN & DO NOT INTEND TO EVER ENTER A TARGET STORE EVER AGAIN.

THE STATEMENT ABOUT SCAMS WHICH IS POSTED IS OBVIOUSLY FROM A TARGET EMPLOYEE - TARGET IS WELL AWARE THEY ARE ENGAGING IN DECEPTIVE ADVERTISING & MUST BE BETTING THEY WILL GET AWAY WITH IT!

I'm still looking for an example of false advertising. Your title is as misleading as you probably were when you called and tried to mislead the employees into giving you $10 off.

Why in the *** else would you call and ask if you can use a coupon that you seem so certain is a valid coupon. This is actually a scam growing in popularity. Call the store. Get permission to use a coupon from a manager.

Show up with an invalid coupon.

Throw a fit saying, "You lied to me." I wouldn't want your business either. :cry

Target had a floor steamer advertised on their website at 50% off regular price, only available at local stores. called my local store, had it in stock but according to Target's rep, it's a full price and they don't match price during the holidays. I reminded her that it's advertised right in target.com, they don't have to match a competitor's price and she replied that at this time of the year, all stores have different prices and are not obligated to sell at their advertised price.

Talking about BS artist!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. You are a huge baby.

You've been visiting this store for 9 years and the first time an employee makes an error, it's adios Target.

It's 10 freaking dollars. Move on with your life you drama queen.

sessa
to Simon Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States #666788

So let me get this straight, if you had a perfectly valid $10 off coupon that the store was declining for no reason even after customer service told you it was a mistake you'd be just fine with that? Right. :roll :roll

sessa
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States #666727

Copy and paste this whole complaint on their Facebook page. I've said it before here, it's one of the best ways to get resolution with some companies these days.

Last complaint on Target's Facebook I posted resulted in a response in a few hours. Good Luck