Ease of Use
Layout of Store

My family and I went today 12/19/17 to the store of Mt. Vernon NY around 6:00 pm to buy the Christmas gifts for our kids.

At the time of check out, we decided to go to the express self check out register. We first scan one of the toy and as the price was high on the item we place it on the right side metal stand of the register because we were not sure if we were going to buy it at that price. Then, we continue scanning all the on the cart and at the end we decided we will take the item that we first scan and transferred it to the bagging area to the left of the register. When my husband was about to go out from the store, two security two security took him one from each hand and brutally scored him to a room on the store.

They were saying to my husband "you have to come with us, you know what you did" my husband said "what are you talking about, I have not do anything". They scan in the room all the items in the cart and saw that every item was in the receipt. My husband said to him "you made a mistake, you should apologize". The security insisted to accused my husband and started to try FABRICATE evidence to accused him.

The security sent "MEL" another security to get items from the store and bring them inside the room my husband was in. They were accusing my husband of taking a stationary item, that he never took. They tried first to make my husband sign a paper and my husband denied to sign and he started to record with his cell phone the treatment he was receiving from the security persons (Jeremy Anderson, Mel, Mark) they decided to call the police and when the police arrived even the police officer said to them "why did you call me, he has the right to record you" my husband explained what happened and told them that they make a mistake. The police forced my husband to give his ID and sign a paper to the security personal of the store by treating him that the store can press charges against him based on the Fabricated evidence that the store show the police .

My husband insisted of his innocence but still got expelled from the store and can not go to that target for one year. All this was happening to my husband inside a room, while I was outside near the register trying to find out what was happening and my kids were crying and worried about their dad. My family moral was affected and emotionally disturb by this incident. This was the worst experience ever we had to encounter and leave a bad memory for this holidays to my kids and us.

I reached out to the corporate department but received another bad service from target, they called the store and reach out again to me. Still, their response was that they can not give me details about what happened and if I want to continue I can file a complaint with the Mt. Vernon police department.

When I called the police department they stated "we do not have any record, you have to contact target corporate" I mentioned to them that I did call corporate but they told me to call the police and file a complaint. We want an official apology from all the staff that was involve during the incident and that my husband named is clean up from this big error they made.

Review about: Target Security Guard.

Preferred solution: We want justice, apology from all involved, compensation for salse accusation and agrevation and emotional damaged caused to my kids and husband..

I didn't like: Treatment received by security, Manager poor service and way of handeling the situation, Security creating evidence against my husband.

Comments

THEY SHOULD HAVE PROFUSELY APOLOGIZED, AND GIVEN YOU A FIVE HUNDRED DOLLAR TARGET GIFT CARD FOR YOUR TROUBLES.