Target - Failure to deliever email gift certificate in time frame promised

I ordered a large item from approx $300.

I was to receive a $20 gift certificate with my order. They asked how I wanted it delivered. I asked for it by email. I got an email order confirmation.

It stated my item would be received approx 12/8. It stated my gift certificate would be received within 4 hours. At the 8 hour mark and no receipt, I called their customer service. I was informed they never intended to send it out until after my item had been shipped.

He even offered that it was possible that they were currently out of stock on it (really???)!!

Why would they not be clear and honest as to when it would be received instead of having someone sitting at their computer expecting something that wasn't going to be there?Poor customer service and bordering on fraud!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Unsympathetic

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
I want their system fixed so that people know exactly what to expect instead of being lied to because they did not intend on meeting their own imposed delivery schedule.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Kitchenaid Artisan Mixer
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #740752

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Target? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.