We registered for our wedding, baby showers/diaper party's. When we went to exchange things, we were cut off at $70 and told we couldn't return any more items without receipt.

I guess we should have reminded people that it was Target and they should put the receipt with the gifts. I don't know, it may be common... but wow, what a way to treat people that registered with you for such special events.

It seems like when people register and get multiple gifts from the lists, there could be a bit of understanding. I sent usually don't take the time to write stuff like this but we want people to know what to expect from Target.

Comments

Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States #726920

Target is the most horrible store I have ever dealt with. They REFUSE to give you any assistance if you encounter a problem.

Their corporate/company policy is to embarrass the customer.

They will never get another penny from me again either.

There are too many other places where shopping is a pleasure. It's simple, if a store won't stand behind it's customers and sales, customers and sales won't continue there!

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #726901

Target's "customer service" is pretty much nonexistent. I have spent over an hour of my time working my way through 6 different representatives only to be told over and over, very rudely, that there is nothing they can do.

I was told in store it would be no issue to call the 800 customer service line, and they would "easily" fix it, but instead they only made it worse.

What I don't understand is that they are losing out on potentially hundreds of dollars of registry items and even more since Christmas is right around the corner, over something that is easily a $20 fix on their part. I don't recommend registering with them for ANYTHING, and they won't get another dime from me personally...it isn't like they are the only option by far.

@ IHATESTUPIDCUSTOMERS really!! get a life you loser!! COMPANIES ARE SCREWING CUSTOMERS DAILY AND it is creeps like you that GET OFF WATCHING IT CREEP

IHateStupidCustomers

aww boo hoo, you couldn't exchange every gift that was bought for you by family and friends.

Don't blame target ARE YOU SERIOUS!! these people that comment are a true joke.

They just want to start nonsense. REGISTRIES are only benefiting the STORE YOU USE. I agree you should tell all THE PEOPLE THAT ATTENDED event THAT you NO LONGER LIKE TARGET JUST LIKE YOU DID FREE ADVERTISING FROM THEM in putting the *** little card in you invite.

TELL ALL THE PEOPLE just what you think of the PRACTICES. I hope these posters that like to attack others ARE MAKING THE BIG BUCKS TO SCREW SOCIETY!!

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #725995

Instead of putting all the blame on Target, the people that bought the items should have taken the gift receipt that is always offered with the purchase, and then included that with the gift. There is a reason stores, including Target, offer gift receipts.

to anonymous #726001

nO WONDER i SEE PEOPLE CHASING sioux falls, south dakota ALL OVER PISSEDCONSUMER yOU ACTAULLY HATE ALL PEOPLE I GET IT!!

Target needs to make money. any way they can.

if that means stopping your returns at 70.00 then so be it. Big salaries needs big money. Put a copy of this in all the THANK YOUS you send out also stop by and meet you LOCAL MANAGER and give him a thank you with the same letter. ALSO SEND TO CORPORATE HEADQUATERS address to Gregg Steinhafel, Target Corp.

chairman, president, CEO

Total compensation: $23,472,082 for the year ended Jan. 31, 2013

Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States #725892

Target is the worst retail store in the business when it comes to Customer care and satisfaction.

They will not work with you if you have a problem.

You need to be wise and learn a bitter lesson from this experience.

NEVER shop at Target and warn others not to do so either.

If there ever is a problem, Target ends up with your money and you end up with a giant red and white TARGET on your back!