I took 2 items to the customer service desk to be exchanged and was told that they couldn't do it without a gift receipt because the items were over 20$. There is record that they were purchased off my registry but still no help from customer service, nor the store manager.

Was basically told I would have to eat the approx. 60$. Was also told be associate that I could probably exchange at Walmart???!!! I called the 800 number given to me by the store manager and got the same run around, was told that his manager was unavailable, and no , he couldn't give me the name of the "unavailable" manager and no, they couldn't call me back.

I'd have to call back, and no, he isn't sure if the manager would be available then either.

THEY SUCK!

Comments

#420472

Wow only two of these comments actually helped me. To the other who posted useless stuff, please get off of comments like this open your eyes and read.

Also just because the worker was 18 does not mean anything, I have came across many different people like that at many different ages so I believe it is unfair to make a statement of a little 18 year old. The time when I was eighteen I had been working for two years and very experienced in my job.

People makes mistakes, just because a few people had a bad experiences does not mean I will not try it. One does not have to have one register and stick with it

You will be happy to learn that Tasha is alive and well. She is a grown woman and keeps her job by regurgitating old complaints. She now posts under the nomenclature, "a".

It is not targets fault that the gift giver did not include a gift reciept. Blame the giver.

I had to return something from my registry as well.I didnt have a gift reciept so the associate pulled up my registry.Based on the fact that it showed as purchased they were able to give me a store credit.I would try going to a different target store and seeing if they can help.As for the rest of the comments of this page.You do not have to respect someones opinion but you so have to respect that they have a right to an opinon.Just because you dissagree with somone does not give you the right to say some of the very rude things that have been said here.

I've had nothing but amazing experiences with my Target registry. I had a few problems registering with Babies R Us, but Target was a breeze.

I'll DEFINITELY use it again if I have the chance. :)

I am so mad.After two long months of perfecting the art of gift registry. I go online and I have nothing removed and the total registered items is like different every time I log on.

WTF!!! I can only imagine how much fun it is going to be if I have to return something.

I will never use them again!!!! :sigh

I just bought wedding gift registry items with cash. Got gift receipts for the person and was shocked to read the gift receipt said they could only return for store credit!

Why would that be? I paid cash and they may just want to return the item if someone bought an identical one elsewhere.

I now give the gift receipt but tell the bride if she needs to return for cash I will keep receipt and will gladly bring it in for her. (mom's too for baby registry)

Baffles me....

well TASHA my post says 18. ((eight-teen))

I didnt work for guest service.

I was one of the corporate phone operators.

But because the company wasnt what i expected i quit after a year. Now i work at the Marriott Corporate offices.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #195568

Why did you not log out yourself, and since when does Target hire eight year olds. You should have logged out before helping your friend, especially if you know how their system works.

#195334

Ladies.. I know how you all feel.

Not only am I an angry customer. But an angry team member. I helped my best friend register there for her baby shower and after we scanned 78 baby items i go to guest service where a little 18 year old tells me i added 78 things to someones wedding registry. She forgot to Log out the prev.

time. It was ridiculous.

If you ever receive the wrong change from a cashier, be ready to wait up to three days just to get $10!! They love to steal your money but swear everyone steals theirs...

#195333

Ladies.. I know how you all feel.

time. It was ridiculous.

#194320

I am extremely disappointed in Target. I have contacted them 3 separate times to try and get my 10% completion coupon.

After talking to only people who speak very poor english, they tell me they will change my due date and the coupon will generate. We've tried this 3 times, over an 8 week period and still nothing. I went to the store itself and explained the situation.

The customer service associate kept saying "there is just nothing we can do, you have to call customer relations." This same thing happened at Babies, BUT, I walked into the store and they wrote me a 10% coupon and I bought everything I needed. THANK YOU BABIES R US!

You will lose with or without a receiept. if its not on what they call a purchase log or your registry......Stay away from Target completely....

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #150767

I don't work at Target either, and it is very silly for Not Nate to assume that Nate works at Target just because he is telling you as it is. If you don't have a receipt, or any proof of payment basically you are out of luck.

How are they to know you did not just pick up the item off the shelf and are trying to get it back, or stole it from somewhere else. I also like that "mature" response from "not nate again" Honestly that is something my ten year old would say if he did not agree with someone.

I just thought I'd let everyone know... this was posted in 2008...

now in 2010 target updated the possibility to return items w/o a receipt up to $75 worth merch.

in 1 year with a driver's license. it's not much, but it's better than what it used to be.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #147150

Don't work at Target, but no receipt, no gift means no return.

you are an ***, no wonder you work at Target

See, I guess you do work at Target, and yes, regardless of what you say, it is still an ***'s view that you spew.

I registered with target baby because of the completion coupon of extra 10% off anything left on your registry, the only thing is that no where in any of the information packets that you are given does it state that you have to contact target when your registry has ended to get the coupon. We now have to wait another two weeks to receive this coupon and we need to use it to buy a $400 breast pump that I need for at the hosptial. I even explained this to target thinking tha they could then send it in a way to get here sooner because I am 9 months pregnant right now and can;t wait the 2 weeks.

That's ridiculous, Nate. The whole purpose of a gift registry /is/ to hold people's hands through the gift giving process.

It's a way to tell your clueless Aunt Edna that you don't want a ceramic chicken, but you really want a new set of knives. It's job is to make life easy for the people registering and the people buying and in return, a well run registry earns the store a healthy profit. When you think that once a registry is set up it barely costs anything to run, it's a much cheaper way to connect buyers with Target than the dozens of useless Target ads on TV. When a person registers with you, they're trusting you to represent them--they're giving you the sales from all the goodwill of their relatives and friends.

They can't very well go back to those people and say "take my gift back and exchange it please!" That's your job as the store...in return for a bunch of virtually guaranteed sales.

Plus, anyone who registers with a store is likely to also receive gift cards from that store in addition to the stuff on their list, so either way, you make out. The least your company could do is to make it easier on the people who are providing you this business.