Target - Do NOT get the red card

4 of 1950 Target reviews

After being pressured to open a red card account with Target...after giving it to me on the spot when I tried to use it a second time they said they wanted me to go to UPS and fax over additional documents ...when I decided to close it out they refused to let me close it without faxing over these documents ...social security card...and drivers license....they refused to get me a superviser when I asked for help so they effectively are getting people to open the account with just their drivers license in the store...as if the whole thing would be easy and then creating a whole runaround....later...to me this is getting you to take a product under false information...apparently it's listed in the small print...and then they have no one to help you with complaints when you ask for a superviser...my card is going to be cut up when it comes and even though that won't close the account...I'll just never be shopping in Target again....DO NOT get a red card...

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Allow me to close the red card account without faxing documents..I've paid it off and have been a solid target customer and will now never shop there again
Product or service
Target Redcard
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #1008858

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Target? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
4 of 1950 Target reviews

Feb 15 #1288895

You can certainly say no to any credit card that is offered at any store. Cashiers are just told to offer you one because simply that is what they are told to do. So no one "pressured you", you were asked and you said yes. Provided information and got a card.

1 0 Reply
offconsumerpissed

Feb 15 #1288836

"After being pressured to open a red card account with Target"
To be taken seriously, please never start any comment or complaint like that. Every store tries to get you to sign up for their promos/cards/etc. Say "no" and move on. If you are too delicate to handle that, just have someone else shop for you.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Target. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Target.
Filing a new complaint about
×