Somersworth,New Hampshire

I will never go to Target again! Out doing Christmas shopping with my Dad, and we were waiting to buy a HUNDRED DOLLAR keyboard case for an iPad.

We waited about 20 minutes (there was only one associate in electronics helping some other people) before going to the customer service desk to ask if the representative could get someone to come and retrieve the case off the shelf for us, as it was locked.

The guy behind the desk promptly told us that he was "not authorized" to call someone to unlock the case. Needless to say, we left immediately and went across the street to Wal-Mart, where we ended up getting the same case for $30 cheaper.

Comments

Mike_mn

Get OUT!!! OHH OHHHHH OHHHHHHHHH...

this makes me SOooooooo ANGGRYYYYY!!!!!!! aaaaaAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH... :O LOL

Wow.

Seriously? It's Christmas. It's busy. Grow a skin.

The times I've bought these types of items during non busy times at places like Target or Wal-Mart have been a lesson in patience to say the least.

Once sometime in July, several years ago, in a nameless name brand (Orange) Lumber yard, I was going to purchase a very large a/c unit that they had in stock on the selves in the front wall of the store. There they were!!!

About a dozen of them!!! Just waiting for a home. I went to the service desk and asked if someone could get one down for me. I waited...

patiently. After about 5 minutes, I again asked the service desk. I waited some more... about 15 more minutes!!!

After 3 calls over the paging system, and a few calls, and 20 minutes of standing there in the middle of the isle like a ***, nothing! Going to the service desk I asked why noone was helping me. All they did was look at me and say "Don't know"! Of course, by this point I was really annoyed and probably had an attitude!

I said in a loud voice "Customer needing help retrieving an a/c unit of the self!!!", and then "Customer with cash in pocket willing to purchase $550 item". Nothing. I walked showing the Service desk my cash and saying "apparently you don't want my money!". I went elsewhere an bought a compatible item.

In retrospect, perhaps they were short staffed or very busy.

I could have handled it better by speaking to a manager and asking to schedule a better time for me to come back to the store to purchase my item? (Gee that also sounds like I woull have had an attitude).

Arrrgggg.

Chesterfield, Missouri, United States #769086

What a moronic pair; parent and son that is...get a life.

Somersworth, New Hampshire, United States #768227

Guys first of all I would like to apologize for my son's latest comment. My son is 15 years old and I thought it would be a good idea of him to write about his experience. It would be a good practice for when he is older. Yeah we did get horrible service at this Target. But I do not approve of him calling the manager idiots and I have talked to him about that post.

Further more we were not upset about the wait, we were upset that the employee told us he was not authorized to page someone to open up the cabinet. Come on now, how could you not be authorized to make a page to get the person to open the cabinet. All he had to do was make a page.

Frankly I am glad that we got this treatment. We saved money because Walmart had it cheaper. Even with the gas money driving from Target to Walmart we saved money.

Zack, I don't know about Canada, but in USA it is illegal to smash open a display case with a baseball bat. :grin

to Anonymous Tula, Mississippi, United States #769092

Then just shoot the display case open with a machine gun.

They hire idiots. Lost sale but he will still get paid.

idiots IN MANAGEMENT.

Management has no clue about the lost sale and never will. IDIOTS

Toronto, Ontario, Canada #765877

Well next time get a baseball bat(they have a sporting department) and smash open the case. Yeah breaking glass not only makes a good sight and sound but is fun.

MikeBrady
Chantilly, Virginia, United States #765732

You weren't denied anything. You were impatient.

I feel so bad for these people. .

. .

such pathetic little life they live. ha ha

So it worked out for you!

OMG! And you lived to tell the story? You brave little thing.