I purchased a pair of sunglasses during Target's cyber monday promotion offering a $30 gift card if purchased within a specific period of time. I noticed on my Tracking order my package was shipped back to the sender because of multiple issues:

1) The address was incorrect so UPS 'Fixed' the address to my previous address (although my address was correctly stated in my shipping address information section of my order confirmation - UPS updated my address to a previous address i was no longer living at).

2) The person at the 'fixed' address informed UPS they did not order a package from Target (because this is not my address).

3) UPS sent the package back to Target Optical.

Prior to reaching out to UPS, I called the Target Online Optical line (1-877-848-8476) prior to their operating hours and left my Name, Phone Number, and order number to easily call me back with my order details, and i never received a follow up call. Not only did I leave my information prior to their operating hours, but i also called the Target Online Optical help line at 8:00 am when their lines opened and I waited 6 hours and 40 minutes for a representative, and never reached anyone in that nearly 7 hour time span of waiting.

After hanging up with the Target Online Optical help line, I called the Target Corporate Online Experience Customer Service line (1-800-591-3869) and was able to speak with someone fairly quickly (within 3 minutes) but was notified that they did not have any package information or confirmation of my purchase and even questioned whether I was even sure whether I purchased from Target and not a competitor store instead. After being placed on hold several times, I was informed a refund could not be distributed to me because of their lack of information on my purchase and redirected me to call the Target Online Optical help line that I previously waited nearly 7 hours to get in touch with (with no luck), then the call dropped.

I called back the Target Corporate Online Experience help line in an attempt to reach the customer service representative which dropped the call to find out their representatives could not reconnect me to the same agent. I provided the same information to the new customer service representative who also stated there was no information on my purchase and that all I could do is call the Target Online Optical help line and they could not assist me. I asked to speak to someone to they could escalate the issue to and was informed several times they could not, and eventually my representative said they would connect me to a specialist and placed me on hold for 15 minutes and I never reached another point of contact. I'm not even sure I was really being transferred as there was no sound like the typical music or repeated voice recording letting you know you are waiting as I waited to be transferred to the 'Specialist'.

I am terribly frustrated and highly disappointed in the customer service provided by Target. Prior to this experience I held the Target brand to high standards but will likely avoid future purchases from here as I really value good customer service and do not like purchasing from companies that do not carry the same values.

Comments