Update by user Apr 25, 2011

Some added info: For those of you out there who think I shouldn\'t have purchased the item, I was returning a smaller TV that didn\'t work for me and they wouldn\'t give a refund, only an exchange. Also, even though I feel I should have received a $50.00 refund, my main complaint is the fact that they failed to respond to my numerous attempts to contact them!

Original review posted by user Apr 16, 2011

At the Edgewater, CO Target store on 09/11/2010 I purchased a Samsung 50" TV and paid $749.99 even though it was advertised online for $699.99. Nowhere on the online ad did it say "sale price for online purchase only". It even said "available at these stores" and that included the store where I made the purchase. I talked to 2 or 3 employees and they could not find anywhere online where it said "sale price for online purchase only". However, they still refused to sell the item to me for the sale price of $699.99. I told them I will no longer shop at Target and I have kept my word! On Sept. 29th I contacted Target about this by email...NO RESPONSE! On Oct. 22nd I sent the same in a letter to the store manager...NO RESPONSE! On Nov. 10th, sent another email...NO RESPONSE! I guess it's their policy to ignore their customers!

In November 2010, I contacted the BBB and finally received the following response from Target last month (March, 2011):

"Thanks for writing with your comments. It sounds like you have some concerns about price matching. We've established our policy so guests may expect a great value on all our merchandise. Target doesn't price-match or price-adjust with other competitor stores or other Target store locations (store-to-store). Additionally, Target prices can vary between stores and Target.com. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

When you checked online for store availability, the window that popped up with store locations also said, "Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online."

If we advertise a lower price either the same week or the week following your Target purchase, we'll make a price adjustment. You can take your original receipt to your local Target store and visit the Guest Service Desk to receive this service. A team member will be happy to make any adjustment on clearance merchandise.

We always welcome your feedback. We're always looking for ways to make Target even better and appreciate your help."

Wow! How's that for a standard, "form letter" response!?

Target says "we're always looking for ways to make Target even better and appreciate your help". Really? Well then maybe they need to give there customers a little more respect! We're not idiots (most of us) and don't appreciate being ignored or taken advantage of!

All I was asking for was a $50.00 refund and I would have been satisfied and would have continued shopping there. However, now I'll never step foot inside a Target again! I guess a customer who buys high priced items from them isn't important! Oh well, their loss!

I am now doing most of my shopping at Walmart. A lot of negative things are said about Walmart, but at least I'm treated with respect there and they bend over backwards to please there customers! And it doesn't hurt that there prices are lower!

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

WOW - Cudos Rosebud1950 - I admire you for not sitting passively by as these people take shots at you.You have every right (and even responsibility, some of us think) to warn others about the poor service you received at the hands of the Target retailer and their employees.

They are a terrible business and people should know how "guests" are treated. 8)

Please do not be deterred. You are absolutely right and should be heard.

I am positive that if the same thing happened to them, they'd be the ones to squeal the loudest!!!:( :(

To: "Rosebud in Arvada is a dumb b****",

WOW!!How sad it is to be you...

hateful, judgemental, close-minded, etc. So you're saying that nobody should ever complain about anything?

Just take whatever is dished out to them, whether it's right or wrong?Soooo glad I won't be seeing you since you're such a huge Target lover and evidently hate Walmart!

what a dumb ***!I am glad you dont shop at Target anymore.

I *** hate *** dumb *** people like you that think you can just complain and get whatever you want!Stay at Wal-mart!

I got a job in the pharmacy in Plano, Texas and the pharmacy manager sexually harrased me and he kept inviting me out to go eat after work.I thought why is he always wanting to take me out for dinner.

He should be spending time with his wife. Then one day he brushed his hand up against my a*s. Then he stood at his computer and just waited to see if he could get a reaction out of me. Then I had some rude arogant but kissing japanes *** look at me like some psychotic piece of sh*t and always took over the computer when I was typing in prescriptions.

I was called to the office and they terminated my position due to poor work performance. I told the manager that I was not properly trained and I left out the part that I was sexually harrased at work on a daily basis. Then the B*tch manager said that the good thing about this situation is you were not a good fit. After 90 days you can come back and work for target.

I just told the B*tch manager that they wouldn\'t let me type prescriptions and kept making me run the register, so I was a technician that was a cashier. I told that B*tch pharmacist that we needed two people at all times working in the pharmacy. She treated me like I was some dumb a*s technician that didn\'t know what I was talking about. Target pharmacy has a bunch of college graduates that walk in the place thinking they know everything and they end up F**king the whole operation up.

Then either the F*ggot or B*tch pharmacist will...

So in Short *** Target Pharmacy, they S**k.Most men that work in the pharmacy are g*y and the women are egocentrical, psychotic, PMS b**ches from ***.

I submitted an application and they made me go through an interview and they sent me a letter stating "We are unable to give you a job." It seems to me that it was written by some st*pid redneck.It would have been easier to tell me in my face, I apologize by we don't have any openings at the moment but you are more than welcome to submit an aplication. That would have been easier and it would have saved everybody time.

Target is becoming like Walmart, they just like wasting peoples time.

Target is becoming like Walmart, they just like wasting peoples time.

oh you need to grow up!!!!i loves target!

i dont see anything wrong with cool target.:p :grin :roll h

Simon,

Maybe you should take your own advice?!

Rosebud, it's over. Give it a rest. Move on with your life.

Rosebud, it's over. Give it a rest. Move on with your life.