my daughter was having a bipolar crisis last week.she left home & she stole a jacket and was abused by male security wayne in spring hill target.she was calm and did not try to run.wayne grabbed her arm and picked her up in air.

she has black&blue.she is 85pounds,5ft-1".he was alone with the three girls to *** outer clothes down to shorty shorts they were wearing.my child stated she never did this before &she was off her meds & that she took off from home.Target denied her calling home,security stated Ï dont care". it was apparent since my child was down to a tanktop that her wrist was severely&deeply lacerated.Wayne refused her medical attention. wayne & deputys' manner was verbally abusive calling them "fu__in retarded", ***, ***, and several critical personal comments. I contacted store sunday for my child contacted me late saturday night 1/23/11 hours after incident.Target giving me run around.

target store angie,mgr stated "well she didnt have a heart attack or collapse."Angie stated this to me after i informed her of my child's medical conditions to include mitral vale.It is now monday,1/24&target H.Q.'s keeps transferring me,and no one seems to be helping. Deupty Woodbury was at scene and did pull up her record of mental hx. no hx of any criminal issues. i had my child receive emerg.

care sun. to include blood test for laceration due to loss of blood & infection to laceration. we r following up tday with therapist and psychiatrist. Note i had the Harbor,Baycare & doctors'alerted to my child takin off & in crisis.Just the week before my child took a loan at bank with an 816 credit score.

she is not a delinquent & never has done anything like this. Her new medication i believe had adverse side affects to include personality disorder which is being taken care of.

I need an immed.response.

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

My husband died when my daughter was a baby.

I do not disagree with any of you.The night my daughter turned 18 made it difficult for me to do anything!

I do not deny she stole. I am not excusing her behavior. Having a disorder and not taking your meds, not eating, smoking whatever and taking drugs would mess anyone up. Point being she was out of control and should not have been let go.

Every time she took off I call authorities, I have had her baker-acted and so on. I had her homebound for school. I chased and looked for her every time she took off. Her therapists say just let her go, she's 18 now.I had authorities meet me in NPR weeks ago at this guys trailer.

a real drug addict.they told me nothing they can do and I quote what he said "let her get sick and let her die".

Hey Kevin, maybe YOU should buy a textbook! Borderline Personality Disorder DOES exist. ***

I don't care what your brats problem is.She shouldnt disrespect Target like that.

Let her go somewhere else and steal. What is she, like 7 and you are like, mmmm, like, lelts see, 7.8.9.10.11.12.13.14.15 or mabee 16 or something. Grow up!

Target rocks!!2bad so sad youve got a criminal for a kid.

it is now september 2011 and I'm done.I have contacted the authorities, doctors, pschotherapists and so on, on a regular basis.

all tell me to let her go. How as a mom, a single mom, just give up hope. my daughter was a full time job. for those of you who think otherwise.

It's sad, but again I stress the importance of people like my daughter getting immed.help when in trouble.

to clarify "laceration" - was open infected on her wrist.authorities should have gotten her help.she was out of control.

what about protecting the public? I have met with Dwayne and apologized.

I know my daughter lied and minipulated, but my concern was her getting medical attention and not letting her go loose on the street.I had contacted her therapist,psychiatric,and Baycare that week

MrsJwhite- Thank you for posting your experience with Target's security staff's handling of your sick child.I am not certain of the meaning of your last sentence, "I need an immed.

response". Hopefully you have been able to resolve your child's medical condition and she is now stabilized. As far as Target's treatment of her, I am sure that you will get no satisfaction from this site. It seems as though people with legimate complaints are merely mocked and ridiculed on this site.

Target has the worst public relations I have ever seen with any store and I am sure that you will not find any amicable resolution in this matter with them. I do wish you the best possible settlement and hope you can get your daughter's medical condition under control.

I know it has to be hard to deal with an unstable child and have these issues slammed in your face.Thanks again for your posting and good luck.

Target wants you to pay for what your daughter did. Dont you know they are in business to make money, not deal with your kid!

What is your daughter like 2 or 4 or 6 or let's see 1.2.3.4.5.6..7.. o,like or 8 or something? Here's your response Target wants you to put a leash on her.

By the way, personality disorder does not exist... please for the love of god, buy a text book.