I've been working in sales for a long time. I've seen and heard it all.

I'm always amused when customers claim that this or that should be this price, etc. In 99% of the cases, it is the customers failure to properly read. Whether it's a sign, a coupon, a policy, or a price tag, customers see what they want to see. Most of them are smart people, but many are not.

When you shop online, you should notice all of the text, not the just sale price that you all are hot and bothered about. Websites clearly explain that prices may differ in store versus online, duh, you have to pay the shipping, so of course it's cheaper online. One of the most perplexing things is when a customer drives all over town to get something that isn't even guaranteed. Wouldn't you ask for it to be held for you before you waste your time?

My favorite customer is the one who will call the store early on a Sunday morning, hours before the store opens, looking for an item and expecting that store staff has nothing else to do but to take phone calls hours before the store is open. There is a lot that needs to get done before opening a store, people. When do you suppose we clean and re-stock the store? When do you suppose we complete all of our administrative tasks?

I can think of about 100 things I'd rather do on a Sunday morning than call around town looking for an item at a store at 9a.m., when I know they don't even open until noon. It isn't like I'd call a restaurant 3 hours before they opened and ask them to make my lunch. If any of you haven't worked in sales/retail, I suggest that you try it.

You will have a new respect for those who work in this field and it will likely make you a smarter and more considerate customer.

Product or Service Mentioned: Target Coupon.

Comments

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #31087

Don't worry about *** who replied to your letter, he probably is 40, unmarried, unemployed and lives in his parents basement.

dickhead
Mount Dora, Florida, United States #30881

First of all, I bet you are not even the "MONKEY" in charge at your work place. You are most likely just a step above "GREETER", and when you and the other drones are stocking shelves or not cleaning the restrooms, you all pass the time by trying to make the people who shop at the store you work in seem dumber then you.

Makes you feel better about yourself, in some lame *** way. Customers see what the store managers want them to see. Most of the monkeys that manage stores don't even know the policies from corp. office.

If the store isn't open, why would you answer the phone anyway.... DUH!!!! Working in "SALES", you have to deal with the public, good or bad. If you don't like it, get another job.

That is if you can, MONKEY BOY. You probably work at TARGET don't you.