The short and simple: Someone got a hold of my bank card and used it to make a bunch of purchases.My bank canceled the card but not before a purchase was made on Target.com for $250.

I called them today, the very same day of the transaction hoping to stop the shipment and make it easier to get my money back. No one could help me. They claim to not I called back later thinking maybe I had just got a rookie, nope. After a 15 minute phone call with an Indian accented woman who couldn't understand that I wasn't trying to return something I had to give up and let the order ship.

I'll let the police handle it and just hope I can get my money back.Thanks for nothing Target.

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

I just had the same thing happen.$318.00 the lady told me she couldn't help me because I couldn't give her the order number.

I didn't place the order!!! I gave her everything I could from my statement, she was ZERO help. She wouldn't tell me her name, her ID number or give me to her supervisor. UNACCEPTABLE!

I shop exclusively at target.

This is terrible service.

Got me for 2400.00.....same thing....no help....No longer a Target customer.

to NO LONGER a Target customer #738879

I live in another state but charges were made in Maryland.Looks like a ring to me.

Curious if it was the same store.

I was able to get the store location from the bank.:cry

Baltimore, Maryland, United States #631664

Today I checked my bank account and someone apparently stole my debit card numbers and made thier own card.They used the card at a target store drafing my bank account $1,700.

All transaction in minutes. After contacting my bank and the police, I find it really hard to believe that Taget can't tell me what store the transaction was made in. Does anyone understand this is $1,700.00????

Target has given me NO HELP AT ALL....Please believe I won't be shopping there.

to SO ***ED New Orleans, Louisiana, United States #631790

Wow - frightening story. I won't be shopping at Target again either.

Hey: No help!! That would be a great new name for Target!

i had apply a red card earlier of the month. after two weeks.i stil didn't received my card therfor i call customer service guess what my card which i had nv recive it was charge over three thousand!

i do not understand how could they allow this happened?

I shop at the Target stores on Sepulveda Blvd/Burbank & Sepulveda/Roscoe all the time.I hadn't used my bank card there since May 15th....so imagine my surprise when I wake up this morning & see that someone had kept charging my bank card with Target transactions each one around $250 until they couldn't do it anymore.

I call Target, they say they will only deal with my bank. I call my bank, they say they cannot do anything until the charges actually post on my account (right now they are pending). I cancelled my card, unfortunately my bank has returned my outstanding checks that are now posting.

I won't rest until I find out who did this.My guess is that it is a Target employee as my card was not stolen, it is sitting right here in my purse.

Today I found out that there was a fraudulent charge made at Target using one of my credit cards.I seldom use the card but did use it back in December 2011 to make a purchase from Target online.

I reported the charge and cancelled the card with my credit card company but was confused when they said that Target refused to give them any information about the charge so they could not determine whether or not the charge was made in store or online. I then logged into my Target online account but was prompted to re-set my password due to "upgrades" as the company called them. I then called Target and after 1 hour of transfers and 3 dropped calls did not get anywhere. I was told that they could not give me any information on the transaction because it was made on the third party credit card.

Then when I asked about the Target online password reset and whether the company had a security breach, the call was conveniently dropped 3 TIMES :). I finally cancelled my Target RED card and removed as much information as I could from my Target online account. Overall, a serious waste of time and the outsorced customer service was laughable.

I wonder if the reps were told to drop the calls when a security breach topic is brought up or whether that's done automatically?LOL.