The short and simple: Someone got a hold of my bank card and used it to make a bunch of purchases. My bank canceled the card but not before a purchase was made on Target.com for $250.

I called them today, the very same day of the transaction hoping to stop the shipment and make it easier to get my money back. No one could help me. They claim to not I called back later thinking maybe I had just got a rookie, nope. After a 15 minute phone call with an Indian accented woman who couldn't understand that I wasn't trying to return something I had to give up and let the order ship.

I'll let the police handle it and just hope I can get my money back. Thanks for nothing Target.

Comments

I just had the same thing happen. $318.00 the lady told me she couldn't help me because I couldn't give her the order number.

I didn't place the order!!! I gave her everything I could from my statement, she was ZERO help. She wouldn't tell me her name, her ID number or give me to her supervisor. UNACCEPTABLE!

I shop exclusively at target.

This is terrible service.

Got me for 2400.00.....same thing....no help....No longer a Target customer.

to NO LONGER a Target customer #738879

I live in another state but charges were made in Maryland. Looks like a ring to me.

Curious if it was the same store.

I was able to get the store location from the bank. :cry

Baltimore, Maryland, United States #631664

Today I checked my bank account and someone apparently stole my debit card numbers and made thier own card. They used the card at a target store drafing my bank account $1,700.

All transaction in minutes. After contacting my bank and the police, I find it really hard to believe that Taget can't tell me what store the transaction was made in. Does anyone understand this is $1,700.00????

Target has given me NO HELP AT ALL.... Please believe I won't be shopping there.

to SO ***ED New Orleans, Louisiana, United States #631790

Wow - frightening story. I won't be shopping at Target again either.

Hey: No help!! That would be a great new name for Target!

i had apply a red card earlier of the month. after two weeks.i stil didn't received my card therfor i call customer service guess what my card which i had nv recive it was charge over three thousand!

i do not understand how could they allow this happened?

I shop at the Target stores on Sepulveda Blvd/Burbank & Sepulveda/Roscoe all the time. I hadn't used my bank card there since May 15th....so imagine my surprise when I wake up this morning & see that someone had kept charging my bank card with Target transactions each one around $250 until they couldn't do it anymore.

I call Target, they say they will only deal with my bank. I call my bank, they say they cannot do anything until the charges actually post on my account (right now they are pending). I cancelled my card, unfortunately my bank has returned my outstanding checks that are now posting.

I won't rest until I find out who did this. My guess is that it is a Target employee as my card was not stolen, it is sitting right here in my purse.

Today I found out that there was a fraudulent charge made at Target using one of my credit cards. I seldom use the card but did use it back in December 2011 to make a purchase from Target online.

I reported the charge and cancelled the card with my credit card company but was confused when they said that Target refused to give them any information about the charge so they could not determine whether or not the charge was made in store or online. I then logged into my Target online account but was prompted to re-set my password due to "upgrades" as the company called them. I then called Target and after 1 hour of transfers and 3 dropped calls did not get anywhere. I was told that they could not give me any information on the transaction because it was made on the third party credit card.

Then when I asked about the Target online password reset and whether the company had a security breach, the call was conveniently dropped 3 TIMES :). I finally cancelled my Target RED card and removed as much information as I could from my Target online account. Overall, a serious waste of time and the outsorced customer service was laughable.

I wonder if the reps were told to drop the calls when a security breach topic is brought up or whether that's done automatically? LOL.

to Ex-Target customer :) Rochester, New York, United States #624308

contact the b.b.b. and your attoney general office

target.com I bought a printer 3 months ago I open the box to set the printer up to find no ink in box and the box says contents: ink so i call target #800 they tell me no printer comes with ink.:) in the 50 years of buying printers i always got ink. just love to get the drugs these people are on. so they tell me to return the printer but the policy is you can't reurn if box is open.

Looks like Target is a target. I had a $250 and a $1.54 charge on my debit card, listed as a Point Of Sale charge in MA.

Thing is I'm overseas. Called my bank, filled out some forms and they returned the funds to my account. Talked to my co-workers and guess what, 2 other had the exact same charges to their accounts but in CA.

Something about Target that makes them a easy target for scammers. I would guess this is an inside job.

Forget to mention, the charge appeared as the following on my online banking:

CHECKCARD 07/26 TGT*TARGET.COM TARGET.COM MN

I woke up this morning to two charges from Target.com... one for $100 and one for $1.

Went straight to my bank during lunch; they said that because the charges are still pending that they can't complete a Fraud Report and get me my money back yet, but once it posts fully to my account it won't be a problem. Banker suggested I call Target to see what they say. Same as the other comments before mine -- Indian woman and NO HELP. I had to confirm my address, my full credit card information, but then she said that I was not giving her the correct email address for "my account".

I tried explaining multiple times that I don't HAVE an account and gave her my real email address. She wouldn't refund my money, so I asked could she stop the shipment? Could she tell me if the shipping address was different from my billing address? This is where she slipped up.

She accidentally let it slip out that it was an online gift card purchase (hence no shipping address). She then would not give me anymore details and said she is filing a Fraud Report with their Investigations Department and I should receive an email within 24 hours. In the meantime I have contacted my local county sheriff's department to try to start the legal process of catching the creep that stole my information.

Since it looks like this has happened a lot recently, specifically with Target.com, does anyone else that has posted comments here live in Northern New Jersey? Morris County?

Maybe we've all been to the same physical place where the person is stealing our card information....

I say this because I'm extremely careful where I use my card for online purchases and am ruling out a fake website. I am willing to bet it was someone in a store/restaurant that copied down my card information and then used it or sold it.

I had the same thing happen today. $900 twice in the same day at two different Targets in a different State then I live.

I think it's an inside job at Target because last week there was a fraud alert on my own purchase at a target and my card was declined.

but some how the bank did not seem to notice these two purchases for a total of $1800 in another state at the same time? Seems they are getting the card info from the store itself from employees is what I think.

I couldn't agree more with "Help You Find Something?". It is not Target's responsibility keep your card safe.

It is all yours. Once a transaction goes through online it has already been processed. The only thing you can do is to call the police and your credit card company.

Try being more secure with your card from now on. Target will work with the police once a case has been filed but they can't help you for security reasons.

Same thing happened with me. $1000 charged to my card. Banks are footing the bill for target hiring criminals?

After shopping at a Target store on a Friday, I noticed Monday morning a $150 charge on my card from Target.com.I propmptly called Target's customer service and they told me that they would follow up on it. After confirming several times that the account they showed the card linked to was in fact not mine (it was like she didn't beleive me), they said there was nothing they could do.I even asked should I contact my bank and cancel the card (the card is sitting securely in my wallet).

There response was to wait for their EMAIL followup within 24 hours. So in the meantime anyone could be using my card?!? When they replied back the email only says that they have confirmed that it was an unauthorized charge but my bank needs to cancel my card and file charges. They had the option of not withdrawing the funds in the first place but yet they did.

This has really burned me. I used to love Target, but crappy customer service when I didn't do anything wrong other than shop in the store will make me go elsewhere.

Casca

Calling the same day the charge shows up gives Target plenty of time to stop the shipment and refund the card. Target does not even attempt to ship the item for 24 hours minimum after the credit card is charged regardless of what they may tell you. They have no incentive to cancel the transaction since it is to their profit to complete it even though they know it fraudulent.

This is very interesting. I recently discovered ten charges for $280 on the same day at Targets all over the Los Angeles area.

These all happened on May 2 of 2011. Does anyone have any idea what the significance of $280 is?