I have shopped at Target for years and was very happy with the clothes, especially the Tees(short sleeved,layered,etc.)Recently shirts from both Merona and Mossimo that I have worn no more than twice, have gotten small holes in the fabric. I am not talking about shirts I've had for years and this would be normal wear and tear but fairly new shirts.

The f. rst time it happened I thought it was my fault and threw the shirt away, I know have a short sleeve and a long sleeve with holes on the shoulder and in the front at the bottom,I bought my 7 y/o son a Mossimo sweatshirt for Christmas.

He wore it one time, we washed it and the fabric is unraveling. Is this happening to anyone else?

Comments

It has happened with shirts that I wear to bed. I have thrown so many shirts away. I am going to start taking them back to target for a refund.

Tofte, Minnesota, United States #1269589

Yes, I have 4 Mossimo t's and it's happened on every one of them! I don't tuck them in, pull on them, nothing, they just get a big patch of holes in front at the bottom.

Very frustrating, really like the shirts for comfort and fit. What is the deal?

Nashua, New Hampshire, United States #1224523

Yes! I love Target, but this has happened to me so often that I googled it as well.

Shirts developing little holes in the front belly-button area consistently after only a few wearings.

Total bummer. Not buying tops there anymore now that I know it's not just me.

Federal Way, Washington, United States #1222309

Just googled this to see if anyone else was having the same problem. All my tanks and T's from Target get little holes in the front. I am not hard on my clothes either.

Trussville, Alabama, United States #1219596

That's cheap a$$ target for you. They need to be more worried about selling good quality items to customers than worrying about transgender bathrooms!

#1219590

Yes & I've thrown several things away .

Today I am returning three brand new tops with holes in the front . Washed in delicate once .

Yes happened to me! 4 shirts now! I want a refund or something!

#1019664

Yes I thought I was the only one. I threw one away yesterday, I wore it once washed it and it had holes in it. I have another one on right now, same thing.

Tampa, Florida, United States #654427

Ok so I decided to wear my mossimo tank today and quickly realized two small holes in front. I decided I've had enough and googles my dilemma and stumbled upon this thread.

This has happened to mostly all my mossimo shirts. I've always thought it was me. So glad to see I'm not the only one.

This shirt happened to be washed once and I have the holes. It's starting to get annoying.

I actually googled this topic to make sure I wasn't going crazy. I have friends who have commented on the same thing happening specifically on shirts from Target (but, to be honest, it has happened to shirts from Walmart as well).

I can understand quality from a discount store only lasting through one fashion season, but one WASHING? As a teacher, I don't have time to mend, which is what I've been doing. I don't have the money to spend on the best brands, I also cannot look shoddy.

It is a dilemma! Thanks everyone, for assuring me that I'm not nuts!

I have noticed this also. These tee shirts develop tiny holes after just one or two washings and it is a defect in the manufacturing, not something I'm doing. Took me a while to realize this.

I would agree with you Adrea's Mommy, but every shirt I have bought from Target have these holes in the front. It is impossible to believe that every shirt I have purchased over the years are front end fabric rolls. As much as I love the clothes and especially the tee's at Target if it is on clearance I will not buy the t-shirts because of the holes that develop sometimes just from 1 or 2 washing.

I just realized this too! I generally only buy basic tee's and tanks from Target.

At first I thought it might be moths, but I just moved into a new apartment a few months ago and it happened to some shirts I bought a few weeks ago. I can't imagine I would have moths already! The tees look cute and appear to be decent quality but after the first couple of washings, they really age. The shirts fade, get holes, and the fabric starts to get fuzzy.

This does not happen to my clothes from more expensive retailors. I have purchased tops from Banana Republic that I've worn to death and they don't start to looked aged until a year or so later. Some of the stuff at Target is really cute and fashionable but in the end, you (generally) get what you pay for. I think you can find some great peices as long you pick and choose carefully.

I also think Target works for some (such as teens) who don't have a lot of money but want to keep up with the trends. However, I think I am going to just suck it up and pay more money for better quality.

Sha Tin, Hong Kong, Hong Kong #109107

Nope- I have shopped at Target for years also and have rarely,if ever, seen a garment wear anymore quickly that any other retailer (except walmart- their stuff might last 5 washings then disintergrate). You may have just got a "bad" batch (usually from the end of the fabric rolls-it happens)Please don't judge all of Targets clothes by these few exceptions.