I was in the Target store in Middletown, New York. I noticed a clearance sign up in an aisle where there were pocketbooks.

I looked on the other side of the sign and there was no clearance sign for the merchandise on the other side. I went to the front of the store and asked for assistance at the area of the pocketbooks where the clearance sign was. I was told by one employee that it was for the merchandise on the other side of the sign. I told her that it wasn't.

She looked at the back of the clearance sign and there was not a sign for clearance nor was there any clearance merchandise on that side. She then stated that the sign was just there. Then she walked away. A store manager then came over and I showed him the sign.

He stated that the sign was for the merchandise on the other side of the sign. I told him it was not for the merchandise on the other side because those items were not on clearance. They were umbrellas. He then told me that the pocketbook that I wanted was $44.95.

I told him that I was aware of the original price but there was a clearance sign here. He told me that the best he could do was take 10 percent off. He then told the cashier to take 10 percent off the price.

He did not remove this clearance sign nor did he ask any of the employees who were present to take this sign down. He could have taken 20 percent off, apologized for the error and then have an employee take down the sign.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of store atmosphere. Target needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned store atmosphere in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Target.

Comments

Orange, California, United States #982045

I like how some of the three year olds on here cannot take no for an answer and argue with people and throw a temper tantrum. There was no clearance on the side you picked the pocketbook from so you pay full price.

Not their fault you cannot understand simple English.

Perhaps having a parent shopping with you to not only explain things to but to keep your behavior under control as well would be helpful in the future. They should not take the clearance sign down just because one dummy does not understand simple English.

Simple. Look for a red clearance sticker on the tag of the item.

That's what tells you if it's on clearance. If you're still in doubt, use a price checker.

They are everywhere in the store. If that still doesn't work, shop at Walmart.

He could have, but he didn't. He also could have stripped naked and sang the national anthem while tap dancing, but he didn't do that either...

to Anonymous Orange, California, United States #982046

He also could have told her to leave the store, and not return. This was the three year old`s mistake not Targets.

You are so cheap.