I was going in today to make a purchase so I called to check on my account and couldn't log on to it- So I called customer service and they couldn't find it either. I asked what do you mean I have had the card since 2011.

They asked how long since I used it - Probably over a year- They cancelled my card without notifying me. I have to reapply to get the card again - NOT

What kind of service is that!

YOU NEED TO ADVISE A CUSTOMER YOU'RE CLOSING THEIR CARD NOT JUST DO IT!!!!I want my original card and account back without having to reapply and ding my credit - what is with you Target?!?!?!?

Preferred solution: activate my card with the account I had anything else is unacceptable!!!.

I liked: Merchandise.

I didn't like: Customer communication.

Comments

Orlando, Florida, United States #907101

I had the same problem. I'm a card holder since 2007 and my card was cancelled without a notice, not even an email or a letter.

I called the customer service and I was told that I have to re-apply. TARGET HAS NO RESPECT TO ITS CUSTOMERS.

With your sarcastic use of the word `NOT` I wonder if you are even old enough to have a credit card

to Anonymous Orange, California, United States #907125

I wonder if many of the people complaining are over the age of ten. With their lack of common sense I seriously doubt this.

Its not just Target. Any store with their own credit card has the right to cancel your account at anytime and they are under no obligation to notify you.

You should be happy they cancelled your card. They had a major compromise of all credit cards.

I would not want a credit card from them. they care more about marketing to you then protecting your information

MattD78

Under the Target credit card agreement:

"Even if you are not in default, we reserve the right to terminate your privileges to obtain credit on the Account at any time. Upon any termination of this Agreement by you or us, you will continue to be obligated to pay all amounts owing under this Agreement, and to otherwise perform the terms and conditions of this Agreement."

So what this says is that Target at anytime may simply decide to terminate your account.

They do not have to notify you, they simply terminate the account and you are still obligated to pay any remaining balance.

This is in the credit agreement YOU signed.

YOU agreed to let Target do this. So don't get mad at Target for doing what you agreed to.