Almost 2 years ago, my wife bought me an ipod from Target and bought the extended warranty. In November, my ipod was playing and stopped working.

I contacted Apple and they gave me a list of things to do and finally stated it was the hard drive had gone bad. So I contacted the warranty dept at target to send it back. I sent the I pod in for the advertised "hassle free" service and they denied the claim. They stated the I pod was dropped in liquid and that had never happened.

It was playing in the house on the cabinet when it stopped working. They did not want to replace the Ipod. I wish this would have happened sooner so I would not have spent my money for Christmas there. I have not spent one dime in Target since then.

I can not believe they would not honor the warranty. DO NOT BUY ELECTRONTICS AT TARGET. And join me not to buy anything there. I am done with them..

But I am going to file a BBB claim against them. But that does not mean anything anymore.

Comments

Crack it open bleach indicators white send back to targay

Honest4Sure

At the time, the plans did not cover damage, physical or liquid. If one read the terms, there was NO indication of damage coverage. The spoken word by any associate, good intentions or not, is worthless.

So you dropped your Ipod in the toilet after you pissed and now you're a 'pissed' consumer? Bwahahahah :) :grin ;) 8) :p :roll :eek :upset :zzz :sigh :? :cry :( :x

Your warranty isn't through Target, it's through a 3rd party, so you're actually mad at them. Also, liquid damage voids all warranties regardless of where you bought it or who it's through.

There is a a sticker on the inside of your Ipod and it turns pink when exposed to liquid. If it's pink, you're SOL.

No, I'm not going to join you in boycotting Target because they did nothing wrong.

Your device was at one time exposed to liquid. End of story.

steverock

I wouldn't necessarily stop buying at Target; I would stop buying extended warranties *period*; they are a ripoff. This is especially true with electronics, as by the time it breaks, there will be much better versions of the product you are better off just buying outright (think of how fast new products are introduced these days).