I purchased a new vacuum cleaner from Target and it was used and full of dirt. I went back to target (about 25 miles from my house) and they said that they would exchange it for a new one or give me a gift card for the amount of the purchase. I said I would like a discount to pay for my traveling expenses for having to drive back to get a new one. I was told under no circumstances would they give me a discount. I asked to see a supervisor and was told the same thing that it is against company policy to pay for traveling expenses. I had them credit my credit card for the return. This is a problem. Why did the sales clerk tell me that she could only give me target gift card instead of saying she could just credit my account. This is obviously how the employees are trained to offer a gift card to get you back into the store.

I left Target very unsatisfied so I decided to call back. I did and asked for a supervisor that was above the supervisor that I spoke with. I explained the situation to him he told me that he would give me 10% off!!! Question: why was I told that under no circumstances do they give credit in my situation and here is a kid telling me that he would give me 10% off. I asked why that wasn't offered to me when I was in the store. No explanation was given. So now I have to drive back another 25 miles to pick up a vacuum cleaner at 10% off. He said that they never give this type of discount which is obviously incorrect since I was just offered the discount. So I did not drive the 25 miles back because if I did I would have drove 100 miles to save under $10.00!!! I asked for another supervisor and I was told he was the highest level person at that store. They gave me the corporate number so I called this and was told that under no circumstances they would give me a discount...again this is totally incorrect since I was offered 10% off after I left. I was given the same run around so I asked if I could talk to her supervisor and she told me she was the highest up. So I asked her if she was the president of Target..she didn't like that and was completely short with me and told me that all I could do was write a letter to corporate and see what happens..well we know what would happen with that letter..circular file. This is the address I was given. Please send target as many complaints as you can. They are a corporate giant that doesn't care about its customers. By the way, this was my first and last experience with Target, I will never set foot in their stores again. The address to send complaints to is:

Target Executive Offices, Mail Stop TFS1A-X,PO Box 9350, Minneapolis MN 55440.

Review about: Target Gift Card.

Comments

targetsucks wrote: "Please send target as many complaints as you can. They are a corporate giant that doesn't care about its customers.

By the way, this was my first and last experience with Target, I will never set foot in their stores again. The address to send complaints to is"

If you have vowed to never shop at Target again, why do you want others to join your letter writing campaign? What do you want us to write exactly? That a person "on the internet" wrote a drama about a minor problem with an item exchange, and that person is no longer shopping at Target, even though that person has asked us to write to Target execs?

Hmm. You must have lots of free time when your not using your new vacuum cleaner...

targetsucks wrote: "I asked if I could talk to her supervisor and she told me she was the highest up. So I asked her if she was the president of Target..she didn't like that and was completely short with me and told me that all I could do was write a letter to corporate and see what happens..well we know what would happen with that letter..circular file."

You have an attitude that gets in the way of your own success.

Why oh why would you think the CEO or President of a publically traded company that has 12,000 retail stores and over 330,000 employees would be in your local store?

You are just asking for the "short" dialog you got!

If you had treated the team members at the store with respect, and been clear about what you wanted the first time you would have had a better shopping experience. From your own words Target has gone out of its way to help you, and is probably under water on the sale of the vacuum cleaner in an effort to make you happy.

targetsucks wrote: "I left Target very unsatisfied so I decided to call back. I did and asked for a supervisor that was above the supervisor that I spoke with. I explained the situation to him he told me that he would give me 10% off!!! Question: why was I told that under no circumstances do they give credit in my situation and here is a kid telling me that he would give me 10% off. I asked why that wasn't offered to me when I was in the store. No explanation was given."

The store hierarchy has the LOD as the top manager. To cover the store hours of operation there are several LODs per store. The LOD (and GSTL below him or her) have override judgement to protect Target from Difficult Customers (such as you), and may offer a discount for your trouble which sounds as if it was caused by the store (resell used merchandise).

If you visit the store again you can claim your discount, you do not have to make a special trip, you are just adding to your drama (story). Target stores are located where most people live, if you are so far away from Target you are probably a similar distance from Target's competition and other stores that you use. Either take the generous Target money or don't...

targetsucks wrote: " I said I would like a discount to pay for my traveling expenses for having to drive back to get a new one. I was told under no circumstances would they give me a discount.

I asked to see a supervisor and was told the same thing that it is against company policy to pay for traveling expenses."

Once again, you entered into a contract (purchase) and accepted the terms. You can't expect Target (or any sane company) to pay for your error. It is unfortunate that the item was "used", and corrective training will be required in the depatment that stocked the previously used item.

What if Target told you that you should pay a restocking fee as you have taken the item out of the store? Target charges 15% on certain items returned for restock.

Targetsucks wrote: "I had them credit my credit card for the return. This is a problem. Why did the sales clerk tell me that she could only give me target gift card instead of saying she could just credit my account."

It would be wise to read the store's return policy before making a fuss. The TM was doing his or her job by offering you a giftcard for a return item that had been used. As you claim the item was used before your purchase you should have asked to speak to the GSTL, and ask for a credit to your original purchase payment method (CC, cash, RedCard,giftcard, etc.).

Its you option to not shop at Target, but how many other stores are you going to "dis" before you do your job as an informed shopper?