I won a sweepstakes called "Pack it Back to College" sponsored by Unilever, Kimberly-Clark, Energizer and Clorox. My prize was a "Dorm Room Survival Kit" featuring coupon vouchers for free products. The contest clearly involved Target, as they also awarded Target gift cards as prizes, and the front page for the contest advertises that the products are available at Target with the Target bullseye logo prominently displayed. Here is the web page for the sweepstakes, which has now ended.

This evening, I went to the Target store in Bloomington, Indiana, spent 2 hours shopping, and painstakingly located several of the free items from my coupon booklet, plus about $100 worth of full price merchandise. At the checkout, after the cashier rang up all of the merchandise and began scanning the coupons, another associate came up and stated they could not accept the coupons. A "manager" was then called via walkie talkie who refused to come to the front, and we were simply told that it is Target's policy not to accept such coupons. I explained the coupons are Manufacturer coupons, they scanned perfectly for the correct amounts, we carefully selected the exact items featured on the coupons, and that we had won the booklet in a sweepstakes that involved Target. Again, the coupons were refused, so we decided to leave the store without making any purchase at all.

This Target store and its employees wasted 2 hours of our time, they were completely unaware of the sweepstakes, and they refused to accept valid manufacturer coupons. AND they lost our business. The coupons expire Dec. 31, 2015. Please advise what I should do. Thank you

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of target gift card from Target. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $100 and wants Target to offer any options to resolve the issue.

Comments