Hi, I bought a $ 22.99 pair of jeans from target, at the register it didnt have a tag so the *** cashier instead scanned two different items one for 10.99, and another for 11.99.. anyway so I went home, and and decided that the jeans were alittle tight, so the next day I went to return them , however they only gave me back $10.99 for the jeans, I was really confused so I asked them why im not gettin the full refund.

Anyway after waiting for 30 minutes, the manager finally came , and told me that they cant give me back my full refund, I asked them if they can locate the cashier, and have him verify that he did that so i can get my money back, the manager immediately said no, and there is nothing she can do!!!WTF, so you're telling me that I can't receieve my money back??????????

I told her i will file a police report...

Review about: Target Manager.

Comments

Quote Sarah: "I’ve been following this post for couple days now; I don’t think his/her most important point has been about Target’s finances."

Quote OP: "beware. Target is stealing money from customers "

The Op came here to report that Target was stealing money. Hence the topic is indeed finances!

On further examination the OP is trying to return a miss-priced item, and complaining that they only got a partial refund.

Quote Sarah: "Obviously the poster and the commenter aren't reading each other’s posts. The commenter insists that the shopper should’ve gotten the error on the receipt fixed. "

Perhaps only one of us isn't reading very well...

I have presented a work around to fix the original problem. The OP may have already gone past the point of fixing her problem (and must settle for a partial refund).

The original problem (short cut taken at the Front Lanes) caused the second problem.

Both could have been fixed by the OP before she lost her cool and argued with the GSTL.

The lesson for the OP and others is to not be part of the problem (as you pointed out). However, mistakes do happen, and in this case the OP could have fixed one then the other ans got a full refund (or store credit equal to the original purchase price).

This drama about a company stealing is not only misleading its not even accurate.

Quote OP: "beware. Target is stealing money from customers "

Perhaps only one of us isn't reading very well...

“"I dont want to discuss their finances here." Why not? It seems to be the most important point in your entire story! First you compain about not getting a correct refund, then you expect the store to treat you well, then you throw your hands up and say its not important after all. You should think about what you're doing before coming here to complain.”

Obviously the poster and the commenter aren't reading each other’s posts. The commenter insists that the shopper should’ve gotten the error on the receipt fixed. Well from what I’m reading here, the shopper tried to explain what had happened earlier at the register, however the manager insisted that there is no error. So in conclusion the manager gave partial refund.

This has happened to me many times. I pick an item with out a price tag. When I get to the register the cashier doesn’t call someone to check the price. So what happens next? They just go head, and scan another item. Sometimes multiply items for the item without the price tag. They often do this with clothing, and makeup.

As a Target guess and a shopper you should always make sure your items have price tags. In this case you should’ve picked an almost identical pair of jeans in lets say a different color or size to bring with you to the register to have them scanned. (This works sometimes)

I understand it can be frustrating when you pay that much for something, and only get partial refund. However let this be a lesson. Next time ask the cashier to call someone for the right price, instead of just telling him how much it is. Monitor what the cashier is doing, what he is scanning, where he is putting the items, etc….. The cashiers are only human beings, they mistakes. Usually the shopper is the one that will pay for that error.

Help You Find Something?

"I didnt say 'hey I'm here to fix this reciept, ( I had no idea anything was wrong with it)' Huh? You said in your first post that the Team Member at the front lanes scanned two items as there was a missing tag, now you say they asked you for the price.

You are complicit in creating a problem if you ever brough that item back (which you did).

"but I did say to them that the cashier scanned two items for this jean, plus I want to return it. and then they told me that's IMPOSSIBLE, before that I had no idea that it would be a problem becuase(sic) on the receipt the two items are right after each other and there is space above, and below them." Who is 'them' (that you told)?

"I returned the jeans, and wa(sic) given back $10.99 for it. I said this in the original post. Target kept the $11.99 .Did I have any other choice?"

Yes, of course! You told us that you paid $22.99 (but perhaps you only paid $22.98 - the total of two items), neither of which was the item that you bought, right?

"after arguing with them for that long?" Argue? Why are you arguing at all? Also, what does time have to do with it? If you were in the right, which you now claim you are, wouldn't you stick to it until it was done right (by your own measure)?

"remeber(sic) i didnt know that i was supposed to get the reciept fixed. I didn't know the right step was to get the reciept(sic) fixed first !! then go and return the item" So you happily left the store the first time with a bad receipt? You should have called the Team Member on the error as soon as you saw it. Without a good receipt your chances of getting good service from any retailer are greatly diminished.

"Did you read the post where I said its not about the amount of money taken from me?" Yes, and I commented on it!

" If it was only a dollar I would still be here writing about this. I've read stories alot worse than this on the web." On the "web", you say... Tell me more!

"I couldn't have fixed the first problem , the jeans were on display with a big poster that said they were $22.99. The one that I picked had a tag with no price." So have the Team Member at the Front Lanes find the price for you. With a tag they can use the look up on the POS terminal or ask the GSTL for assistance. If you thought it was $22.99 you can confirm what they discover - it's their job not yours to fix price tag errors!

"By writing this hopefully other people can read my/your posts, and know what to do when in my situation."

This is shopping one-oh-one. Don't leave the store without a correct receipt. Keep the receipt, Don't try to exchange something not on the receipt. Keep the receipt. Don't accept a partial refund without a reason. Okay?

What others are learning here is that you didn't do a very good job in your role as a Target guest, did you?

Thanks for caring enough to write, I wish the manager would have explained that I could get the reciept fixed. then return the item.

I didnt say " hey I'm here to fix this reciept, ( I had no idea anything was wrong with it), but I did say to them that the cashier scanned two items for this jean, plus I want to return it. and then they told me that's IMPOSSIBLE, before that I had no idea that it would be a problem becuase on the receipt the two items are right after each other and there is space above, and below them.!!!!!!!

I returned the jeans, and wa given back $10.99 for it. I said this in the original post. Target kept the $11.99 .Did I have any other choice? after arguing with them for that long? remeber i didnt know that i was supposed to get the reciept fixed. I didn't know the right step was to get the reciept fixed first !! then go and return the item.......( thanks for telling me this, if this happens again , I would do that first)

Did you read the post where I said its not about the amount of money taken from me? If it was only a dollar I would still be here writing about this. I've read stories alot worse than this on the web.

I couldn't have fixed the first problem , the jeans were on display with a big poster that said they were $22.99. The one that I picked had a tag with no price. The cashier asked me how much they were, and I told him. dont know what you mean when you say I didnt try to fix this problem.To me everything seemed normal, this had happend before, where an item doesnt have a tag price, and the cashier enters the price for it.

Of course target has to make that much money to be able to operate, thats not an issue here, I dont want to discuss their finances here. However they should value their good customers. I've be a loyal customer for a long time. I still can't say no to Target even after this incident.

"So do u see what im saying, there is no point of going there to get the reciept fixed , when three people have already told me that no way a cashier in that store would make a mistakem like that."

I don't think you are listening (reading) very well...

"Plus I've already returned the jeans, and got back 10.99 , insteand of the full price that I paid for which was 22.99." SO you have made a decision to accept less that you deserve, yet you come here complaining...

"Anyway Im writing this because I hope target hires people and trains them before putting them on the register, I also hope that the hire managers that no what customer service is."

Target does indeed train it's new hires before they become Team Members, and screens it's promotions to Team Leader.

"She could have simply explained to me that they can accept the item back, because of the error that the cashier made" Or, you could have fixed the first problem (wrong tag), or you could have fixed the second problem (wrong receipt value) first, then proceeded with an exchange or refund. As you benefit from the outcome, why are you so reluctant to do any of the work?

"In other words she was implying that Im lying!!!! why would I lie about this, It's only 10 dollars." Are you lying?

If its only ten bucks why are you continuing to make a fuss here?

"My original receipt showed that I've spent over a 100 dollars just a day before in that store" That may seem like a lot to you, but a typical Target store generates over quarter of a million dollars on a very busy day. You are not going to get special treatment for your case, now are you?

So do u see what im saying, there is no point of going there to get the reciept fixed , when three people have already told me that no way a cashier in that store would make a mistakem like that. Plus I've already returned the jeans, and got back 10.99 , insteand of the full price that I paid for which was 22.99.

Anyway Im writing this because I hope target hires people and trains them before putting them on the register, I also hope that the hire managers that no what customer service is. She could have simply explained to me that they can accept the item back, because of the error that the cashier made...instead she went on about how the cashier would never do something like. In other words she was implying that Im lying!!!!

why would I lie about this, It's only 10 dollars. My original receipt showed that I've spent over a 100 dollars just a day before in that store......

I didnt know the item didnt have a tag untill I got the register. I didnt know that him entering numbers that would add up to 22.99 would cause problems later..

I only noticed this, when went home and reviewd the receipt. I didn tried to get the receipt fixed when I went to return the jeans, the manaher simply said that there is no way the cashier would scan two different items for one!!! I explained this to her over 6 times.... each time she simply said that its impossible...

the cashier would never do something like that, before talking to her I talked to two other people, they all said the samething...... Im trying to be positive, and say that its simply a mistake...

but the manager was so rude that its hard for me to just think of it as mistake. She could have simply just find the cashier who did this..

"anyway moving on...

He just went ahead and scanned two different items so the total would add up to $22.99 since the jeans didn\'t have a tag"

So you knew that the item didn't have a tag? And you were okay with the cashier doing something wrong?

Did you read my suggestion that you get the receipt fixed first, then get a refund?

"The amout of money that target stole from me may not sound alot to many.However I\'m a student, and have a part time job."

If your posaition is that Target "stole from you" then you have a longer road ahead in getting this problem fixed.

Do you really want it fixed or are you just making a stink on this forum for other reasons?

okey, I just read the commentS left by Jason. wow you\'ve got alot of hate in you.

Did your parents treat you badly as a child?

anyway moving on...

He just went ahead and scanned two different items so the total would add up to $22.99 since the jeans didn\'t have a tag... I didn\'t bring it up to his attention. When I went back to return the jeans .They said that the jeans aren\'t on the receipt . I explained the whole situtation to them .

.. I even asked if they could locate the cashier who did this. I know they can do that from the receipt , however the manger kept saying no. She started being very rude, so I just said hey whatever and walked away...

I\'ve work extremely hard for the money that I was stolen from me. :x

"$ 22.99 pair of jeans

*** cashier instead scanned two different items one for 10.99, and another for 11.99"

How do you know this? Did you not stop the Team Member from making a register error?

"Take your item and the original receipt to Guest Service (at the same Target) and tell them you have an error.

Once you get it fixed, take the new receipt and the unwanted items back to Guest Services for a full refund.

If at anytime you don't get this service ask to see the GSTL (Guest Services Team Leader). If that fails ask for the LOD (Leader On Duty).

Making threats to file reports with the local PD will earn you the position of "Difficult Guest" within the store and you will likely not get what you deserve.

This is in regards to the nasty comments left by Jason Tillo. You speak of someone not having a life, I seriously think you need to take your own advice and maybe you should go to the section called consumer forum as your remarks have nothing to do with this article except to expand your own fraigle sense of worth. :(

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #49147

The person above you is the letter writer and I agree she needs to get a life. That and lose some weight.

the person above me needs to get a life.don't have something better to do than pick on teens on christmas.!?? loser.

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #49138

Also it is spelled receive not receieve. I guess you are to *** to check your work over and use a spell check.

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #49137

I bet the real reason you were angry was not because of the money, but because you gained weight fat a**. You put on extra holiday pounds.

Well instead of sitting on your fat a** and writing complaints maybe you should get some exercise to lose those extra Christmas pounds. I guess you were too *** to try on the jeans first so they would fit. Or perhaps you did try them and gained an extra sixty pounds after purchasing them. Either way you are *** for not losing the extra weight you put on.

Who are you to call someone *** when you just look at how you spelled "cant". It is spelled "can't" *** not can't.

Also starting a business letter with hi instead of "To whom it may concern." is also very ***. I guess you are too *** to write a proper letter.