I bought a Wii for my kids at Target because of a $20 gift card promotion (I could have bought it anywhere-everyone had them for $199). The kids loved it till it stopped working yesterday.

I called the electronics dept at the 9-mile store and they said I could exchange it with receipt, no problem. When I took it in tonight, Angela, the LOD (?) (she said she was the manager) said I could not exchange it without repaying the $20 giftcard.

I didn't want a refund, just a straight exchange. I didn't have the twenty tonight and I don't see why I should give the $20 back when I just want to make a straight exchange.

Review about: Target Manager.

Comments

just an fyi: an LOD is the same thing as a manager. LOD stands for "Leader On Duty."

butlerpensacola

I'm happy to say that the problem was resolved this morning. I spoke to Courtney this morning at the 9-mile Target and she said it would be no problem to exchange it.

It turns out Angela last night just did not know how to do a straight exchange for merchandise-she was trying to refund the broken Wii and ring up the new Wii and in that situation there was a $20 shortage. So kudos to Courtney at the 9-mile Target in Pensacola.

There's a couple of options here, to avoid the $20 difference you could simply call the manufacturer and have them address the issue, otherwise the reason the $20 comes into play is because you have to actually return the unit and rebuy it. This is because they are each coded with unique serial numbers and cannot just simply be swapped out.

Also, is it the Wii Sports game that is not working or the entire unit, there has recently been problems with that game and nintendo is aware of it and you just need to contact them and they'll send you a new one.

Hope this helps!