i received a gift for my baby shower that was not on my target baby registry it is the fisher price rock and play sleeper which retails at target for 59.99. since i already have a swing i decided i would just return it and get a few other baby items at target.

when i went to target i was told that i could get a credit of $17 dollars for it. a third of the actual cost of the item. i checked with a manager she said target would only give me the lowest possible value for the item. so i called customer service and was told i had to contact the person who gifted me the item and see if they still had the receipt, or if i had it on my baby registry they would be able to give me the full amount spent on the item.

i told the representative the gifter lived out of state and only came for the baby shower and if i had it on my registry i would not be returning the item. i was told that target policy was to give me back the lowest marketed value of the item, which in this case, is less than a third of the money spent on the item.

i asked to speak to a manager and was told that at corporate there were no managers. i used to shop at target all the time but from now on until they make it a policy to improve their customer service policies i will never spend money at target again.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Target. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $60 and wants Target to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Target fisher price rock and play sleeper for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

NowTellTheTruth
Houston, Texas, United States #1233720

I am sure you are not being honest when you stated you shop at Target all the time, because if you did you would know their return policy so I call BS on that. I am sure you won't be missed.

Good luck with parenting, part of parenting is being a good role model and following rules. Please do not home school your child because after reading your review it is obvious that you are uneducated.

Odessa, Texas, United States #1233458

If you don't have a gift receipt. Why on earth should you get full price on the item.

Target should change their refund policy { because they take everything back}.

If you have no receipt and paid with cash you get 30% of the value. Keep your recept

NowTellTheTruth
to Anonymous Houston, Texas, United States #1233722

This is something that shows that she will make a poor parent She expects them to change the rules just for her. This makes her a poor role model and makes me wonder how she will raise her child.

LadyScot

No receipt. Nothing else needs to be said.

Also I needed smoke and felt the need to drink because of the frustrations towards their return policy. If my child turns out to be deformed or has a birth defect I will be taking target to court for their policy forcing me to smoke and drink due to the stress of it.