Just purchased Target brand little meals, UPC 683744362094. After preparing it for my 1 year old's dinner found a bunch of what appears to be nat like insects floating among the ingredients.

What makes me pissed off more is that the package was factory sealed and expires in July 2010. Is this how a major retailer conducts quality control? If this happened to us, how many others have had this happen and if so what type of action can be taken against them.

Had we not identified the bugs, my 1 year old could have consumed them! So, yeah, I'm pissed.

Comments

If you buy food thats been made no telling where then shipped all around the world "what do you expect"?

Walmart,sams,target,cosco all of them couldnt care less were they get the food you'll eat. Thats why you should "SHOP AT YOUR LOCAL GROCERY STORE".

Support them now or you'll be eating bugs in all your meals.

yum yum.dum dum.

I dont work anywere for a living so I'm only on my side!

Quote=”witz1006”

“First off, once the BUGS were noticed you *** of course my child wouldn't be fed that TARGET product.”

Good! Pity you left that detail out of your OP.

Quote=”witz1006”

“Secondly, you'd be pissed off too if it were your kid and I'm a drama queen?”

I doubt I’d be what you expect or behave the way you do. Just a hunch based on your written communication skills on this forum. Perhaps you’re not a drama queen after all. I spoke hastily, I now see you as something quite different.

Quote=”witz1006”

“Wish you weren't online and in person right about now I'm sure you wouldn't have a chance to say that swallowing your own teeth, trailer park.”

Nice. Keep it up. Your writing style and quick shift to personal insults will no doubt add to your credibility (on line and in real life, too). What’s a “trailer park”?

Quote=”witz1006”

“I know exactly what to do with the TARGET product and whom to inspect it. This was merely a voice spreading the word of how wonderful it was that a TARGET product had insects in it.”

So did you take your own advice and have a sample tested? If so, why not share the results so that we have a better understanding of the problem, and you could also share some tips on what to do if this happens to others. This would likely be helpful to others lurking on this forum. It’s been nearly three months since your OP, plenty of time to get a lab report and response from your local health inspector.

Quote=”witz1006”

“So maybe you should transfer from bathroom maintenance to the exterminating dept.”

Maybe I should, I don’t know yet. First I’d need you to explain what you’re babbling on about…

Quote=”witz1006”

“Finally, this was also to serve as a callout for TARGET to recognize an issue and a potential health hazard and react to a potential health hazard and avoid future callouts or lawsuits.”

Good point! I’m sure your methods, although unconventional, have caught the eye of Target executives. They’re probably just waiting for the next chapter of your drama to be posted.

Quote=”witz1006”

“I was venting and doing Target a FAVOR by "voicing" my situation as I was a lucky one, what about others?”

What “others” exactly?

Quote=”witz1006”

“LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE. Even if you hold a higher ranking position, you respond like a P/T ignorant associate as many of your stores have dealing with the public.”

If you’re not comfortable as a guest in a Target store then find another place to shop, you won’t be missed.

witz1006

First off, once the BUGS were noticed you *** of course my child wouldn't be fed that TARGET product. Secondly, you'd be pissed off too if it were your kid and I'm a drama queen?

Wish you weren't online and in person right about now I'm sure you wouldn't have a chance to say that swallowing your own teeth, trailer park. I know exactly what to do with the TARGET product and whom to inspect it. This was merely a voice spreading the word of how wonderful it was that a TARGET product had insects in it. So maybe you should transfer from bathroom maintenance to the exterminating dept.

Finally, this was also to serve as a callout for TARGET to recognize an issue and a potential health hazard and react to a potential health hazard and avoid future callouts or lawsuits. I was venting and doing Target a FAVOR by "voicing" my situation as I was a lucky one, what about others? LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE.

Even if you hold a higher ranking position, you respond like a P/T ignorant associate as many of your stores have dealing with the public. (Good choice by the way in today's economy) another good decision by TARGET stores....We won't eat Target products (nor shop there) as a result, and NOW what you can do is EAT ***!

Quote=”*** mihyfs”

“hmmm... just a shot in the dark but do you work for target May I help you find something?”

Yes indeed! If you’ve been lurking here for a while you’ll already know exactly what role I have, which store I work in, and why I’ve modified the company tagline for use on this forum.

Quote=”*** mihyfs”

“If so "may I (sic) help you find something?" is something i (sic) would never hear out of a target employee.”

That makes no sense. Did you have a comment to add to this thread or not? Or, are you posting the same remarks to random threads?

hmmm... just a shot in the dark but do you work for target May I help you find something? If so "may i help you find something?" is something i would never hear out of a target employee.

Quote=”Witz1006”

“Target brand little meals, UPC 683744362094”

Do you have the Target DCPI number?

Quote=”Witz1006”

“After preparing it for my 1 year old's (sic) dinner found a bunch of what appears to be nat like insects floating among the ingredients”.

Are you an entomologist? How do you know what these are?

Quote=”Witz1006”

“What makes me pissed off more is that the package was factory sealed and expires in July 2010. Is this how a major retailer conducts quality control?

No, a major retailer does not do any food quality control of packaged items. They will do continuous quality and safety on in-store food (Target Food Avenue/Starbucks) or perishable groceries (Target Market).

Quote=”Witz1006”

“If this happened to us, how many others have had this happen and if so what type of action can be taken against them.”

Firstly, you should not consume anything suspicious. Secondly, take the item to the store where you bought it for a refund. Thirdly, you can take a sample of it to your local Public Health Department, usually at the County level government. They will have a food inspector look at it.

Quote=”Witz1006”

“Had we not identified the bugs, my 1 year old could have consumed them!”

But as a good mother you would let that happen, would you?

“So, yeah, I'm pissed.”