Yesterday I bought a bag of four avocados at Target for the last time. I have tried buying my avocados at Target for awhile now and almost every time I did, I was unsatisfied.

But yesterday I had my peak. I bought the last bag of avocados, all which looked perfectly ripe and ready, and when I brought them home.. they were as hard as a rock.

Avocados are not cheap and hoping I could shop at Target for these but after yesterday getting rock hard ones I am done. I am not going out of my way to return every avocado I have bought but I have wasted enough money here and I would rather spend more and go to Whole Foods from now on.

Review about: Avocado.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Avocados are best tested for ripeness by slightly squeezing them, not by how they look. If when you squeeze them they don't budge at all, they're underripe.

If they easily give way, they're overripe. For same-day consumption, you want a balance between the two.

This one isn't Target's fault at all, as some people like to buy fruit to use in a few days and so deliberately go for things like a green banana or an underripe avocado. It's on you to check the fruit for the level or ripeness you desire.