18.8K views

Despite slick adverstising, I've decided Target sucks. Told at check-out that no dogs are allowed in store (dog in carrier, weighs 6 pounds).

I understand that stores with so called eating establishments don't allow dogs due to health laws? Give it a break. A dog in a carrier does not pose a health threat. Ignorance is sad.

Dogs go everywhere in Europe, I am obviously living in the backwoods. Perhaps one of the 5 sales assistants I passed on the way to check-out could have spread the word? I've spent my last dollar at Target.

I can easily do without their services.

Comments

Ignorance is bliss. Bringing your untrained dog, whether in a carrier or not, is a threat to anyone who's life depends on the integrity of a working dog. You are not entitled to bring your pet everywhere, and it is completely unnecessary.

You can't go anywhere without dogs anymore. I myself have a phobia to dogs due to a childhood experience.

In the State of Kansas where we live, the local news reported Killer Virus found in dogs with ticks. This is unacceptable. I was shopping in Target in Overland Park Kansas where a women had here dog in the shopping cart, no one said anything to this women for having her dog in the shopping cart where you would sit a child. I had just saw on the news a Healthy man had gotten bit by ticks before he got sick and died from the tick bite.

These are the same Virus that are being reported on Dogs. So long Target and any other store that allow these animals where I buy my Groceries.

It’s the law lady. Wtf. I’m sure Target can easily do without your business.

to Anonymous #1455945

to Anonymous #1457001

What law?

to Anonymous #1467368

What law do you speak of. There is none. Stores can prohibit pets from entering their establishment, but target has no policy against that on their store policies

to Anonymous #1527988

Yes they do. Only service animals are allowed. It’s on every entrance...

to Anonymous #1533157

Health codes do not allow for people to bring pets in stores.

Well I just ran, almost literally to a girl carrying a snake in her arms at Target. Snakes behind glass in a zoo are fine, but not shopping in the same aisle as I am in.

to Debbie #1490354

If you don't like snakes, why did you run to the girl?

to Debbie #1544735

You are right. I totally Agree.

I also do not understand why service dog is different than otehr dogs. If policy says no dogs that means no wven service dog.

Do not undestand why many stores do not allow small dogs at least in stroller or carrier.

If dog is hypoalergic, non shedding And well behavied I really do not see the reason to not allow dogs bring with you. Hope they will soon change a rules.

to Sonja Funduck #1438799

I don't see the reason either I have a small hypoallergenic puppy who is well behaved never barks and loves people. She goes to Walmart with me!

They have never said a thing to me! It's ridiculous how stuck up people complain about them like if they aren't bothering you don't bother them.

to Anonymous #1462353

It doesn’t matter if your dog is hypoallergenic and well-behaved or not, she’s a pet that cannot go into no-pet establishments. I do not want pets in no-pet places because they cause a distraction and even a threat to my service dog that has trained all her life to be with me.

I hope you understand why nets shouldn’t go everywhere like service animals. Have a good day/night

to Anonymous #1527990

Hypoallergenic only refers to the hair/fur! If you have a sander/ saliva allergy it causes serious issues.

to Anonymous #1544739

Dogs are animals not ppl.

to Sonja Funduck #1438945

Because a service dog is MEDICAL EQUIPMENT. You wouldn't deny someone the right to bring their oxygen tank with them, would you? Service dogs provide life saving tasks for people with disabilities and it would be prejudiced, ableist, and down right unethical to deny someone the ability to bring their service dog with them.

to Sonja Funduck #1462352

Service animals provide assistance to someone disability, whether that be seizure alert or psychological disabilities like autism or PTSD and panic attacks. The reason why pets aren’t allowed at no-pet establishments is because they can pose as a distraction to service animals, which can cause the service animal to miss an alert, or the pet can be aggressive and attack a $50,000+ service animal.

Also pet owners may not have their pets as clean as service animals need to be. It doesn’t matter if a pet is hypoallergenic or not, it’s still a pet and doesn’t have public access rights.

to Sonja Funduck #1538622

Service dogs are medical equipment

to Sonja Funduck #1547697

Because disabled people need them and your abled *** doesn't Sonja.