UPDATE: Well, I did a little digging and came across consumeraffairs website which lists 2,147 complaints about Target, which took me to target.pissedconsumer.com. Out of 2,047 reviews, only 18 had been resolved with the others have a claimed loss of over $190,000.00 Sure hope I don't become one of those numbers, but it seems like there's a good chance.

Jumped over to the BBB.com (Better Business Bureau) where they have a customer review rating of 5% positive and 92% negative. I don't have much hope. I got an email from Target this morning thanking me for opening an account. Only thing is, I didn't do it.

I tried to find an email address on the website, but could only get, what seemed like, a chatbot. Which told me that Yes, there was an account opened. I requested that it be closed and was told it could take up to 10 business days to do so. When I asked what happens if in the meanwhile someone places an order in my name, I was told "we can deal with that then".

It seems like it would be closing the barn door after the cow gets out. The whole thing seemed so... blase, (Unimpressed or indifferent to something because one has experienced or seen it so often before" Since Target is not going to help me I'm not sure where to go from here. Is there a fruid devesion?

Some company Mucky Muck that I can talk with? I knew there was a reason I haven't' shopped Target in decades.

Review about: Target Account.

Preferred solution: Cancel this account NOW, instead of giving someone a chance to order something in my name..

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1264213

We don't go to Target anymore given that we fail to see any reason to patronize a place that encourages aberrant behavior in their restrooms. However, in your case I am not sure what you want any business to do about someone opening an account with them.

If you never use a debit card---a wise move---then no one can just take money from your account. If someone got your credit card info, you can monitor it and if there is a problem, then follow the dispute or fraud procedures and all will be well.

to h.kitchener #1267349

Not to put to too fine a point on this, but Target only encourages people to urinate, defecate, and possibly vomit, in their restrooms. This has always been the case.

I hate to burst any bubbles, but businesses do not have time or resources to police their restrooms. It would hurt their bottom line considerably, especially a national chain. No business monitors their restrooms, except possibly high end stores and such that employ restroom attendants, which in itself is creepy. I certainly don't want somebody standing in the restroom watching me pee and listening to me ***.

Anyone who runs a business will advise that if there is extra room in the budget for more payroll, it will not go to something as dubious as keeping transsexuals out of the bathrooms. It will go to getting actual important things accomplished. That having been said, your comment does not help the OP in any way.

The OP said someone opened a Target card in her name and they are dragging their feet getting it fixed. Perhaps some advice in that direction would be a better use of resources.

to h.kitchener #1267444

I agree! These sick, twisted, people should use the restrooms at their house, screw them.