Looks are truly deceiving.This is especially true in the case of the bronze, 3 Piece Palladium Bistro Set I recently purchased from Target (item# 10742127).
While unpacking the item I retrieved a chair back with the gold ornamental crest accent. The paint job on the gold crest was terrible. I saw an elephant on YouTube that could do a better job of painting. In fact there blind workers from the Lighthouse that I am sure could do a better job.
The two-page assembly manual was a nearly complete waste of time. Would it be too much trouble to add dimensions in the description of the parts-- excuse me, there were no descriptions—to help differentiate one item from another. One part labeled “E” is in reality two separate items that have to be put together. It almost didn’t matter to me at this point as I was no longer referencing the assembly instructions.
After finally assembling the table I noticed that it was more of a trapezoid shape than a square rectangle. I made several attempts to realign the frame with little success. This irregularity becomes very evident when you place the square glass top on the table frame. On a positive note, the glass top was securely packaged and arrived without incident.
If the same care that was exercised in protecting the glass top for shipping went into the manufacture of this table set, I would be writing a letter of praise.
P.S. I posted this product review on their website on 12/16/14 and it has yet to appear on the site.
The most recent review on this product was placed over a year ago.Clearly Target is filtering the bad reviews.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Finish quality
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bistro Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Listening to rude employees talking about someone using coupons they were complaining about this one gal and they knew I could hear them. The problem was that gal they..."
- "I checked my purchased goods when I returned home today and found that I had been overcharged. I purchased 3 items worth $15 and was charged for 4. The cashier..."
- "Target will lure you in offering gift cards with the purchase of specific qualifying items. You buy those qualifying items thinking you will receive a gift card only to discover..."
- "DON'T use them. I placed my order using PAYPAL on Nov 12. Stupidly, I thought these would be Thanksgiving outfits ... then Christmas ... THEN VALENTINE'S. They have NO customer..."
- "Since FIFA 15 Coins are not real currency, they have to be purchased online. Due to its virtual utility, it cannot be earned like the real currency. There are several..."
- "I ordered a "Deluxe" funeral spray, shown. Their website said the Deluxe was what was pictured. I paid $107. I accidentally put "Jr." after my brother's name (my Dad was..."
- "I purchased a bottle of Snapple Apple for my son which is 3 years old on July 7 2015. I noticed he was trying to open the bottle of Snapple..."
- "I have ordered two (2) items online on march 15,2016, my order amounted to $92.98, I was never given a tracking number hence I requested one via my Pandora account...."
- "scam school teacher is helping to do test for students just to pass how you expect to get a job just by getting by and with people lives in your..."