No air ventilation and gas fumes for early morning employees at Target

1398 of 1441 Target Reviews

I have a friend that works the early morning shift and goes in at around 4 AM.He says that to conserve on energy, Target shuts the ventilation system off until the store opens.

Meanwhile, the employees have to work in hot conditions and must breathe the fumes from the gas powered floor buffers. He says that many of the employees feel sick from this. It's not even summer yet. No one should have to work under these kinds of conditions especially with having to work for less than $8.00 an hour.

When I come in to shop in the morning, you can still smell the fumes and it is hot.

review #120527
0 2 Helpful?
Had the same issue1 Comments4
Had an experience with Target?  Submit review about this company
1398 of 1441 Target Reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
joanie

Jun 30, 2008 #19657 Kaiser, Missouri

Target doesn't hire people under 16 years old and no one that young would be working at 4:00am. Speaking from experience, it must be that way in all Target stores. It's miserable before 8am when the store opens.

Lori

May 23, 2008 #13497 Robinsonville, Mississippi

I had an awful experience as a department manager at Target. I ran the Ladies and Mens Dept. completely by myself. So, I had to merhandise, do planograms, adjacancies, clear out the fitting room, get returns, fold the tables, finger space all the racks, expected to run a register when they were short, and when it was my turn, supervise the other soflines departments! My store manager started to harrass me, basically-as hard as I worked, it was not good enough...like all the racks weren't finger spaced, and the adjacancy wasn' EXACTLY done acordinally to plan...close, but that did not matter, and he would not listen to why it was done that way-He just knew it wasn't exact-That's when I lost It!! I couldn't
take the abuse any longer and quit that day! ABUSE-that's what it comes down to.

brett

May 21, 2008 #13233 Goldsboro, North Carolina

I bet the friend is under 14, you have to be 14 to post on this site. :D

Trevor

May 20, 2008 #12967 Nuuk, Vestgronland

How old is your friend. Can't he/she speak for themselves.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.